61 | inevitable

CHAPTER SIXTY ONE
inevitable

Lucious

next day

Everything was finally turning around for the family. Freda got arrested, Royalty woke up, and Blake was dead. That all happened in one day too. What a miracle.

Lucious couldn't stop wondering who took Blake out. He wanted to be the one to do it, but someone got to Blake before he did. He guessed Blake had way more enemies than they knew.

He was dead now, so his baby girl didn't have to worry about a thing anymore. She was safe, and always would be because this shit was never happening again. To any of his kids.

Lucious was about to check on Royalty again, but Thirsty called. "Hey, Thirsty."

"You did good, boss."

"What do you mean?"

"You handled Blake well," Thirsty elaborated.

Lucious didn't get what he was saying. "Handled Blake well?"

"Yeah, he's dead now. You did good!"

"I didn't do anything to that boy?"

Thirsty sounded confused now. "Oh? But I texted you last night, telling you his location."

That was news to Lucious. "Really?"

"Yeah. You told me you were handling it."

That was funny because Lucious didn't say anything of the sort. He was fast asleep last night, so who the hell was pretending to be him?

He put Thirsty on speaker and checked his messages. Sure enough, he saw what Thirsty was talking about. The person had replied to him, saying they were gonna handle it.

There were only three people in the house last night—Tiana, Hakeem, and Jamal. Why would Tiana sneak on his phone? That didn't make sense. So it had to have been Hakeem or Jamal.

Lucious believed it was the both of them because they had snuck out with his car, talking about they went out for a late night drive, which was a lie. They probably took it to go to Blake's location. Not to mention the fact that they had ketchup all over their clothes, but ain't nobody buying that. That was straight up blood.

His sons really murdered somebody.

He spoke to Thirsty again. "I see the conversation, Thirsty."

"So that wasn't you?"

"No, it wasn't me. But I think I know who it was."

"Who?"

"Hakeem and Jamal," he stated.

Thirsty was having a hard time believing that. "What? They know better than that."

"Do they?" Lucious doubted. "Because they don't think straight when they're angry. Especially Hakeem. They wanted to avenge their sister."