62 | 19 year old killer

CHAPTER SIXTY TWO
nineteen year old killer

Lucious

next day

Thirsty was at the mansion so that they could talk about that Hakeem crap. Royalty had confirmed Lucious' suspicions about Hakeem, and she also told him that the cops were gonna find out and arrest him.

Lucious knew that was true because the cops hated Lyons and they wanted them gone. Lucious was angry because Hakeem wasn't built for jail. None of his sons were because Lucious had never taught them to be. Because he never wanted them to get their hands dirty.

His sons knew they were supposed to leave the dirty work to him and Thirsty. But Hakeem was real hotheaded, and he gets blinded by his anger.

Lucious understood he wanted to avenge his sister, but this was not the way to go. It was gonna backfire on him.

Thirsty summed everything up. "So let me get this straight. Hakeem and Jamal stole your car and your gun, shot Blake, and then rushed to the hospital with Blake's blood still on them? That's careless as hell."

"Yeah it was. Ro told me she saw Hakeem getting arrested."

"How?"

"Ever since she woke up from her coma, she's been able to see people's futures. I don't even know how."

"So Hakeem's future is him getting arrested?" Thirsty asked.

"Yup. That's probably gonna happen real soon. The cops are thirsty to take us Lyons down." Which was why he had said this wasn't the way to go. The cops may not have cared about Blake shooting people, but Hakeem wasn't gonna get that lucky. He never would because of what his last name was, and because of the color of his skin.

Just then, Cookie came in. "Why you look so troubled, Lucious?"

Cookie didn't know anything that was going on, but he had to tell her. He knew she was gonna have a fit. She had already lost Andre because they had to send him away. She wasn't going to be okay with losing Hakeem too.

He spoke delicately. "Cookie...we need to talk."

"About what?"

"About our sons. Jamal and Hakeem did something they shouldn't have."

Cookie brushed it off. "That's nothing new."

"It's serious this time, Cook. Remember when Ro saw Hakeem's future?"

"Yeah."

"She saw Hakeem getting arrested for Blake's murder," he blurted out.

"What? Hakeem didn't-"

He just stared at her sadly.

Cookie gave him a grave look now. "Lucious, please tell me my nineteen year old son didn't commit murder!"

"He did, and Jamal's his accomplice. So if you wanna beat their asses, you have my full permission because I didn't want this."

"Oh, I'mma beat their asses alright!" Cookie snatched the broom and yelled at the top of her lungs. "Hakeem and Jamal Joseph Lyon! Get your asses in here now!"

Their sons came walking in all nervously. Cookie questioned them. "Why y'all scared? Guilty about something?"

Hakeem jerked his head at the broom. "We're scared because you got a broom in your hand."

"Yeah I do, and it's for your ass!" Then Cookie started beating the shit out of Hakeem with the broom. Hakeem was on the floor yelling at her to stop, while Jamal grabbed her.

"Ma, stop! What the hell?!"

Cookie snapped at Jamal. "Don't what the hell me, Jamal! You two really murdered Blake?!"

Jamal sucked his teeth. "Here we go again."

Hakeem got off the floor. "Man, why y'all keep accusing us?! We're innocent!"

Lucious had to challenge that. "Oh, you're innocent? You stealing my car and my gun says otherwise! The blood on your shirt said otherwise!"

"That was blood, huh? I knew it wasn't no damn ketchup," Cookie shouted. "You really lied to our face, boy?!"

Hakeem finally confessed. "You know what? Yeah I lied! I killed Blake!"

Jamal gave him a warning look. "Hakeem-"

"No, Jamal! They already know, so fuck it!"

Cookie was pissed. "Why the hell are you killing, Hakeem? Are you trying to have no future?!"

"You said I'm not about that life, Gram said it, so I proved that I'm about that life!"

"You don't have to prove shit to anybody, boy! Not to me, and especially not to no damn Gram!"

Hakeem shrugged. "Well, it's too late. The deed is done, and I have blood on my hands."

"You shouldn't. You can't kill people, Hakeem!"

"But Pop can?!"

Lucious spoke now. "Yeah I can, because I can actually deal with the guilt. You can't."

Hakeem spoke with no care in the world. "I feel pretty fine actually."

"I don't care! You can't take matters into your own hands!"

Hakeem argued with him. "Blake hurt Tiana and he hurt Ro! I wasn't about to let him slide! It was personal!"

Cookie huffed and then crossed her arms at Jamal. "Where do you fit into all of this, Jamal?"

"I was with him, but I ain't kill no one."

"Well, you're still an accomplice! You're not safe!"

Lucious corrected her. "He is safe. The cops are after Hakeem, not him."

"Don't jinx it, Lucious!"

He wasn't jinxing anything. "It's true. Ro saw it in her vision."

That made Jamal look at him seriously. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Remember when Ro saw our futures? She didn't wanna say what Hakeem's future was because she didn't wanna jinx it. That's because she saw Hakeem getting arrested for Blake's murder."

"And I'm just now finding out?!" Hakeem yelled angrily.

"I just found out too."

"Well, we can't let him get arrested! So you need to pack your things right now, Hakeem!" Cookie demanded.

"Where am I going?"

"Somewhere far away from here because the cops will find you here!"

Jamal chimed in. "He can't stay in NYC period. They're gonna hunt him down."

"Where is he supposed to go, Jamal?!" Cookie exclaimed.

Jamal shrugged. "I don't know. To another country or something."

"What country?!" Hakeem shrieked.

Lucious shut all of them up. "Enough! I don't think y'all understand that this is inevitable. If Ro saw it in her vision, then it can't be avoided. No matter where Hakeem runs, they will find him!"

"So I'm destined to rot in jail like Ma?" Hakeem said worriedly.

Cookie wasn't accepting that. "I don't want any of my kids going through what I went through, Lucious!"

"I don't want that either Cookie, because they ain't built for jail. But there's nothing we can do. But listen, when they arrest Hakeem-"

"You need to change that sentence to if," Jamal interjected.

He didn't change it. "When they arrest Hakeem, I'm going to get him out as soon as possible. I promise that. Just...let this play out how it's supposed to, son."

Hakeem was in a foul mood now. "Yeah, I guess I don't have a choice. And I guess Freda was wrong. I ain't daddy's little girl no more."

Jamal sighed. "Hakeem-"

But he just stormed out.