✧*̥˚ 3 *̥˚✧

It was wednesday afternoon and Ella had done all of her homework in record speed because she wanted to do nothing more than get into the pretty white snow that had freshly fallen all night long. Not as high as the first time but there was still plenty of snow to play with. 

Ella wanted to build a snowman

Ella wanted to build a snowman. Or snowwoman. She wasn't quite set on anything yet. But as she tried and tried, she couldn't get the snowball she gathered for the head to be perfectly round. So she stomped back into the living room. 

"Mom! Come help me." She sounded like a five-year old and Jennie internally laughed at the duality in her daughter. One day she was a sassy little shit who said words she wasn't supposed to say and then another day she was a cute little five-year-old who pouted because her snowman wasn't round enough. Jennie had been exactly the same growing up. A wild child with a very soft side.

"Ella, I can't, I have to study." Jennie huffed out apologetically. She wanted to ditch those boring ass papers on business plans for large corporations and play in the snow with her daughter in their very own backyard. But she couldn't. And the grown-up side within her was stronger this time than the carefree-fun-young-Mom side.

"Study later!" Ella provided a simple solution.

"El, I said I can't..."

Ella huffed. Jennie looked up at her.

"Ok, tell you what. I'll study for one more hour, then I'll come outside with you."

"One hour. I'll time you." Ella stared at her menacingly and fished out her phone to actually set a timer. There she went from small child to pre-teen in under five seconds. Jennie shook her head but smiled.

Ella retreated back outside. 

"Hey Ella." A voice greeted her from the neighbouring garden. Ella's head shot in the direction the voice came from and she could vaguely see Lisa through the panels of the tall white wooden fence between their properties. Lisa waved. 

"Hey Unnie!" Ella's face brightened significantly. She neared the fence and tried to look through the cracks. 

"What are you doing?" Lisa asked.

"I want to build a snowman but it's not round enough and Mom is studying... so lame..." Ella rolled her eyes, making Lisa laugh a little. Then something clicked in Ella's mind. She clung herself to the fence, eyes wide and excited. 

"Unnie, do you know how to build a snowman? Can you come over and help me?"

Lisa hesitated a bit at first. 

"Pleeeeaaaseeee! Unnie, pleaaaasse!" Ella whined and gave her the best pouty face which she couldn't see in all its' glory through the fence but anyhow.

"Ask your Mom first if it's ok that I come over!" 

"Stay where you are, I'm right back!" Ella raised her finger at Lisa and rushed to the house. She threw the sliding door open, bringing in another wave of freezing cold to Jennie and her laptop.