✧*̥˚ 4 *̥˚✧

This morning Jennie felt completely under the weather. She did not even bother to feel sorry about calling in sick to work. She stayed in bed, sleeping for most of the day and only dragged herself up when Ella came home from school in the afternoon. 

"Why did I have to be so irresponsible going out into the snow in jeans yesterday???" Jennie chastised herself grumbling

"Why did I have to be so irresponsible going out into the snow in jeans yesterday???" Jennie chastised herself grumbling. Her throat was so sore and she had a terrible headache.

This was Lisa's fault! If she hadn't thrown Jennie into the snow like that! But those three seconds of uninterrupted eye contact when Lisa hovered above her, were etched into Jennie's mind. Along with the feeling of her beating heart that hadn't beat like this for anyone in a long time. Jennie wasn't stupid. She wasn't a teenager anymore. She was well aware that she had developed a little crush on Lisa Manoban in the span of the three days that she's known her.

"Hey Mom. Are you feeling better?" Ella asked as she unwrapped herself from all the layers that she wore to school. Seoul was freaking cold in the winter.

"It got a bit better... but please don't count on me to do much else today than chill..." Jennie ruffled Ella's hair affectionately when she walked past her into the kitchen. Ella followed.

"We still got left-overs from last night if you're hungry" The brunette pointed to the fridge. "And tonight we can just order Pizza or something. If I cook, you'll just get my germs too."

"Ew, don't say that word!" Ella whined, disgusted, leaning away from Jennie.

"What? Germs?" The older one laughed but it turned into a coughing fit because her throat was so dry. 

"Yeah, that..." Ella grimassed and got Jennie a glass of water before Jennie could even move.

"Thanks hon." She drank the whole tall glass. "And there are much more disgusting words than 'germs'"

"Mom, stop!" Ella visibly shook herself from hearing the word again.

"Moist." Jennie said with a scrunched up face, trying to make Ella laugh. "I hate that word. It's... disgusting as hell... or-"

Ella's mobile phone started ringing. She fetched it out the back pocket of her pants, looked on the display and smiled brightly.

"Who's calling you?" Jennie asked a bit nosey. Ella was on the cusp of becoming a teenager and if she turned out anything like Jennie, she had to keep a closer eye on her from now on. Her and the people she was surrounded by. Jennie did not want Ella to come home pregnant at sixteen like she did. Of course it would be different because Jennie would never kick Ella out like her own mother had done all those years ago.

"Lisa Unnie." Ella grinned and shot her mother a look to be quiet. 

"Since when does Lisa have your number?" She hissed but Ella shushed her. Jennie closed her mouth and crossed her arms over her chest.