✧*̥˚ 23 *̥˚✧

On the morning of the twenty-fourth, Jennie talked on the phone to Jisoo and Rosie. She was in her bedroom with the door closed but she did not have to worry about Ella listening in on their conversation because the thirteen-year old was in the garden with Lisa trying to actually build a snowman this time. Snowwoman to be exact.

"So he showed up out of nowhere? Just like that?" Rosie asked into the receiver

"So he showed up out of nowhere? Just like that?" Rosie asked into the receiver. They had Jennie on speaker so they could both talk to her at the same time. The korean woman really needed to tell her best friends about her father's suprise visit, two days ago.

"Pretty much, yeah. No warning..." Jennie huffed.

"Well, wasn't that what you wanted Jendeukie? That he reached out to you instead of the other way around?" Jisoo asked carefully.

"Yes, sure. But not like this! Not showing up at my doorstep, completely unannounced. I almost slammed the door in his face. That was my first instinct to be honest..."

"I bet." Jisoo agreed and Rosie hummed affirmatively as well.

"I didn't though... I let him in... and then he said all the wrong things and I broke down in my kitchen and... called Lisa over..."

"You called Lisa?" Rosie exclaimed surprised. Her voice sounded a lot nearer to the phone than she had a minute ago. "Did she come?"

"Yeah she came over... honestly I couldn't have done it without her. I was a mess! My father triggers me with everything he says... even if he tries and shows remorse and all that shit... he's still... the man who abandoned Ella and me."

"So Lisa met your Dad?"

"Is that all you got from that Rosie posie?" Jennie laughed lightly at her friend's priorities in information.

"No, of course not! I'm surprised you talked to him at all! What did he want anyways?"

"He wants to get to know Ella... and me I guess... he wants to be back in our lives..."

"Does Ella know?"

"Hell no! She was at rehearsals for her school play that afternoon, thank fuck! And we're not gonna tell her so soon either..."

"We...?" Jisoo caught on to that instantly.

Jennie blushed. "Yeah... so, I haven't officially told you yet, but... Lisa and I ... are a we. She introduced herself to my Dad as my girlfriend and she kissed me in front of him! He was so thrown off his game, you wouldn't believe it. He was a stuttering mess. He probably thinks I'm gay now since he's not sensitized enough to know that there's more than straight or gay. But whatever! It was awesome!"

"Wow, Jendeukie!" Jisoo hollered. "Congrats on getting yourself a girlfriend!"

"And such a good one." Rosie cooed as well. "Lisa is so great, we couldn't have hoped for someone better for you!"