✧*̥˚ 22 *̥˚✧

It was two days before christmas and Jennie was already on vacation from work. She used the time to catch up on her coursework for her business degree. She basically had the whole day to herself because Ella was rehearsing for the school play all afternoon. She'd be home no sooner than five and Daniel's Dad promised Jennie he'd give Ella a ride home.

Therefore, it surprised Jennie even more that her doorbell rang at two o'clock. She got up from her chair, leaving her laptop open. Maybe it was the mail delivery. Or Lisa.

But when Jennie opened the door and saw who stood in front of it, twisting and turning his hands nervously, she almost wanted to turn back around and slam the door shut in his face

It was Jennie's Father.

"Hey Jen Jen..." He started, looking at her carefully.

"Hey.... Dad.... what... uhm... I mean..." Jennie was still very shocked and her head felt dizzy all of a sudden. Her father was the last person she had expected to stand in front of her. Had she even given him this adress? Jennie wasn't sure.

Maybe he had asked Jisoo about it. But it was highly untypical for Jisoo not to warn her beforehand. Or give out her adress so easily... It couldn't have been Jisoo. And not Rosie either.

"I'm sorry for showing up like this... did I catch you inconveniently?" He stepped from one foot to the other while Jennie just continued to stare at him.

"Uhm... where... did you get this address..." she managed to ask, looking at him now with furrowed eyebrows.

"Sorry Jen... I saw it on one of the envelopes in your Mom's lawyer's office... I should have called you, but..."

But he wasn't sure if Jennie would have picked up the call at all. Jennie saw it in his eyes.

"Do you have a minute... to talk...?" The tall, middle-aged korean man asked his daughter. Jennie noticed that he looked younger since the last time she had seen him. More free. More in balance with himself. He was dressed rather casual but Jennie recognized the Ralph Lauren label on his knitted, dark blue jumper anyways.

Her dad had always been a handsome man. There was no question.

Still Jennie got that icy feeling in her stomach every time she was faced with one of her parents ever since they kicked her out for getting pregnant at sixteen. Her mother had called her a disgrace for it.

However, Jennie had seen a shift in her father's behaviour ever since her mother had died. She was very aware that he was not the driving force of making those horrible decisions in Jennie's young life. It had all been her mother. But he did not put a stop to her either. He had been under her claws for far too long.

Jennie hadn't seen her father often since her mother had been hospitalized. But now, Jennie started to see her father's real personality leak through. He was remorseful and ashamed of what he did to his only daughter all those years ago. And to his grandchild that he didn't really know at all.