✧*̥˚ 14 *̥˚✧

With every step Jennie took up the stairs towards Ella's room, she became more and more nervous. Never before did the young mother have to have a talk like that with her daughter.

Since Jennie's dates have never really turned into something real in the past, Ella never met anyone who could be a potential partner to her Mom. Jennie knew that Ella has never ever seen her kiss anyone like that.

And now she walked in on her and Lisa fully making out with no warning. Jennie was a bit scared of the thirteen year old's reaction. But most of all she wondered if this came as a complete surprise to Ella or if she had maybe seen the little signs like Jisoo and Rosie had? Or wether Ella was really too young still to pick up on those things?

Jennie had no idea what was waiting for her behind the door that said "ELLA" in black glitter writing. She had found this door sticker online and ordered it for Ella to surprise her when she told her that she was going to have her own room in the new house.

The brunette felt super nervous, knocking on the white door. "Ella?" But she really needed to have this talk with her. "Can I come in?"

She really wanted to tell her daughter that she wasn't just messing around with Lisa. Lisa was special. Lisa could actually be a real partner to Jennie. She could possibly be what the korean woman has been waiting for for so long. And that made Jennie brave enough to open the door even though there was no answer from the other side.

"El?" She cooed softly when she carefully peaked into the room. Her daughter met her eyes and Jennie came in fully and closed the door behind herself.

Ella sat on her bed with her phone in hand. She layed it down when her Mom approached, there was slight relief in her eyes as the door closed behind Jennie and the girl realized that her Mom came alone. The older one thought that it was probably a good thing that she left Lisa downstairs for now. This was a mother-daughter kind of talk.

Jennie sat down on Ella's bed, trying to meet her eyes.

"I'm sorry Mom!" Ella blurted out quietly.

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you have to be sorry about? I'm the one who's sorry that you walked in on this without any warning. Did I traumatize you now?" she asked, trying to bring humour into the situation.

Ella snorted out a little laugh. "No! I was just... surprised."

"Yeah... Uhm... I did not really have time to talk to you. It just happened last night..."

"Oh my god Mom, did Lisa Unnie... like... spend the night with you?" Ella's eyes were wide and there was embarrassment written all over her face.

"No she did not!" Jennie assured her pre-teen daughter with a little blush of her own. "But we woke up late last night after you left us sleeping on the couch and we talked." Jennie tried to explain in a very PG-13 way. "You see, we both feel something for each other and agreed on acting on those feelings to see what it could be."

"Are you in love with Lisa Unnie?" Ella whispered very low, not looking into Jennie's face but rather down at her hands that were playing with the bedding. Jennie's pulse spiked at that question. It was a bit early to talk about love. But on the other hand, the word love did not feel entirely wrong either. She chose to be honest with Ella.

"I don't know yet... I think I could fall in love with her. I like her a lot and I feel happy when she's around. She makes me feel warm and safe. And it's nice when she kisses me."

Ella cleared her throat awkwardly. "Mom!" she scolded Jennie for that last statement.

"What? I'm just being honest here."