The Prologue

The sadness in her eyes speaks about the scars on her soul.

.....

Attention Please. Train number 36067 Mumbai to Guwahati Express has arrived on platform number 6.

Chandni was sitting, quietly at the corner of the waiting room. Clutching the small bag tightly to her chest.

The few things in the small bag is what she had left with.

Opening the chain of her small bag she took out the ticket which she had bought a few minutes ago.

Train no 36067 Mumbai to Guwahati express.

It was time for her to leave the city of dreams and go back to her hometown, Guwahati.

One and a half years back she had came here in this big city with millions of dreams in her eyes. However now she was leaving this city with nothing but haunting memories which will scare her till her last moment.

With her teary frightened eyes she looked down at the ticket in her hands.

The small piece of paper was her way to freedom.

With every passing minute Chandni had suffered enough and now she only wants to let go of this suffering.

She wiped the tear which was threatening to find its way through the corner of her eyes.

Sniffling a little she held her small bag on her right shoulder and clutching the ticket in her left fist she stood up from the iron bench.

Her throat groaned, feeling the soreness between her legs, however Chandni didn't let it bother her.

By now she was used to of this pain.

But she can never be used to being someone's plaything.

I am human. And I deserve to live like a human not like a broken doll, she chanted this mantra from the time she had put her feet out of that jail.

Completely ignoring the pain shooting through her body she put back the parda over her face covering her beautiful honey brown eyes.

She had planned everything cautiously.

No one can tell that it's Chandni Thakur under the black burqa.

Chandni could hear her heart thumping loudly inside her chest as she cruised through the hustle of people in the busy Railway Station.

No matter how much she tried to show she wasn't scared but the truth was she was more than scared.

She was never this scared before.

Not when the kids of her class had locked her in the dark bathroom and the door didn't open for more than four hours.

She was not this scared when she came to the big city like Mumbai alone with no support from her family or friends.

She was not this scared even when she first met him.

Chandni halted on her steps as his name crossed through her mind.

His name..

Chandni was rooted at her place as the crowd was walking past her, no one glancing at the young girl in a burqa.

A painful sigh escaped from her lips remembering everything.

Closing her eyes shut she tried to calm her racing heart when suddenly a man stumbled upon her hitting his shoulder with hers.