26) Forgiveness

Her blurred vision clasped the darkness within them as her eyes shut closed.

Two strong hands wrapped around her waist, saving her from falling.

Her heart was carrying the heaviness of those disgusting words..whore.. slut.. mentally ill..and what not turned more heavy as if someone had kept a rock there.

The beats escalated faster than before reaching to her ears like someone far away is playing a drum. With her hands dangling on her sides she was swaying in the arms of her savior like that thin stem of a flower.

Her savior was carrying her so delicately that for a moment Chandni was sure it was Sabiq...only he held her like this..with so much care, so softly as if she was the only hope of his life and tonight like a heartless girl she rejected his confession of love.

Chandni winced when that sadness of his face surfaced in her mind.

He was heartbroken.

"I am sorry.." she whispered with her eyes still closed, gathering all those sorrowful tears in them.
She wanted to gulp them down.. not wanting to make him aware that she was crying and one of the reasons was him.

"It's okay," the man holding her with so much care whispered back.

Chandni's eyes flung open recognizing that voice in the very first of his syllables.

It was not Sabiq. It was him.

Her eyes widened and again that old fear crawled her heart. It was the same man who molested her that night at the club.

He was looking at her like he has found his long lost possession.

The look of his eyes was scaring Chandni. Shivoham was smiling like some lunatic..it was so contrasting to the look of his eyes.

His eyes were black as sin..the unforgivable sin. The way his lips were stretching in a psychotic smile sent a shiver down her spine.

Indeed Shivoham Shekhawat was resembling a mad beast.

Chandni was so blind in fear that she could not decipher that howl of happiness in his eyes. He was admiring her in his own kind of way.

She was right. She said she will meet him tonight and she did.

Such an obedient girl... Shivoham praised her in his mind knowing pretty well that this time she was not a part of his imagination.

She was real.

The warmth of her skin fanning on his skin was telling him.. those eyes so light in brown colour filled with hundred drops of tears confirming it.

She is here with him, in his arms. Looking like an angel.. his dream has finally come true.

His eyes stared at her scared ones for a long time before a full blown smile kissed his lips.

The way she was trembling in his hold was only adding more to his dark happiness. The fear living in every cell of her body was for him...Shivoham was proud of it.

Leaning close to her face he wiped those trails of long tears from her soft brown cheeks.

Chandni flinched at the slight touch while like some psycho Shivoham started humming the song to her.

"Khwab ho tum ya koi haqeeqat kaun ho tum batlao...der se kitni dur khadi ho aur kareeb aa jao..."

Are you a dream or are you true, a reality...who are you ? Tell me. You are standing away for so long, come close to me..