36) Angels

The continuation of the chapter 5 Paroxysm

🦋

“You should not have saved me,” emptiness sounded out from his words.

His eyes were vacant as he met his grandfather's gaze who was sitting in front of him like a man who lost everything.

If losing your only family equates with losing everything then it is true.

“You are the only one left in my life. Like every grandfather I do not want to witness my grandson's death before mine,” Mr. Shekhawat, grandfather and the only family of Shivoham whispered.

The pride that once rose in his every syllable has disappeared.

Shivoham looked down, not able to meet his grandfather's gaze. He was the reason for him losing all his pride and respect in the society.

“Tara was asking for you…” Ranvijay shekhawat spoke after a dull silence.

The corner of Shivoham's lips curled in a timid smile, he glanced at the woman sleeping peacefully in his lap.

He caressed her thin hair making her stir in her sleep,“Tell her I am happy with my Chandni. I am not coming back to her anymore,” he said, as a drop of his tear dropped on her ashen cheek and Chandni parted her eyes.

Shivoham breathed in a long breath, seeing her alive again.

He was lying. He was grateful to his grandfather for saving him and his Chandni in time. Otherwise he would have never been able to gaze at her lovely face as he was doing now.

“She loves you Shivoham,” the old man said in a manner of begging.

He no longer can see his grandson wasting his life for the second woman, for his mistress, a slave, a girl who is not anything more than a whore of him.

“And I love my sweet rose,” Shivoham said and leaned down to seal his lips with Chandni.

Chandni gasped, feeling his mouth descending to hers so suddenly while Ranvijay shekhawat looked away from the sight in front of him.

Shivoham's love was just not a curse for Chandni. It was a curse for Shivoham himself.

Chandni slept in Shivoham's arms thinking she was in Sabiq's arms.

However when her eyes opened in the middle of the night and she was met with Shivoham's face a sourness came to her heart.

He was sticking to her like a second skin even in his sleep. She heard from the nurses how he drank the poison when he got to know that she wanted to die.

He really does love her alot.

However, the way of his love is different. His love is her slow poison and she cannot escape from it.. Even in death he will follow her.

She has no place to hide.

Chandni closed her eyes when she felt her eyes filling with tears. They cascade out one by one without any restraint.

And when she opened her eyes she found herself looking at her left leg. It is broken now. He did it to her.

He made her a cripple.

“No.. no Master. I can't feel my legs. I can't stand on my legs, it's hurting. It's hurting so much,” she remembered her ugly cries when he was taking her to the dungeon.

Now she can never be the free bird that she always wanted to be.

He had cut her wings. She cannot even walk properly let alone fly.