22) Me Before You

Chandni was staring at the staircase for the last fifteen minutes.

She had a hope in her heart that the girls would come out of their room.

However, it's been more than an hour since she was waiting for them.

"I don't think they will come. I think you should proceed with cutting the cake. All the kids are waiting," Sabiq said.

Chandni looked at Sabiq who was standing beside her. She then turned her eyes to the small kids who were eagerly waiting to eat the birthday cake.

"I know they will come, Sabiq. Especially Shahzeen. I have a belief," smiling weekly to Sabiq she again turned her hopeful eyes towards the staircase.

Sabiq did not like seeing her waiting for anyone.

Her face had suddenly turned gloomy and the gloominess in her eyes was not settling well with him.

Though Chandni was saying she was hopeful, her eyes were telling that she was losing her hope.

She really wanted all the girls and kids together here. She just wanted to give them some good time.

His Mehzabeen's plans were crumbling in front of her and she was upset about it.

Chandni bit her lip, the hope in her heart had started to crack in pieces.

Sabiq freed her soft lip from between her teeth. Chandni shivered, feeling such an intimate touch.

She looked at him as he said to her,"I am going to bring them here for you."

He was ready to go and fetch them here, with their will or against their will just to see Chandni smile again with hope.

"Sabiq."

Chandni stopped him, grabbing his hand.

"You cannot force them," she said, however Sabiq shut her,"it's you who wants them here, I am just fulfilling your wish."

He said and was ready to go to the third floor when Mahnoor yelled happily,"babababa"

She was pointing her small fingers towards the staircase with a big full blown smile on her face.

Both Sabiq and his Mehzabeen followed her line of sight.

The smile that visited Chandni's lips was more than precious.

All the girls were descending the stairs with their hands in one another's.

Sabiq's eyes widened when he witnessed Shahzeen coming down with them.

"I am so happy that you guys came," the old bubbly Chandni was back as she gave a big hug to Cleo, one of the girls.

"Umm..we will go back after cake cutting. Some of the girls are not comfortable," she mumbled, hesitant to even speak in the presence of so many people.

"Okay. No problem. It's a big thing for me that you all have come out of that room only for me and Mahnoor," Chandni smiled and gestured to them to come to the center of the room where the cake was placed.

Everyone gathered around the big cake. Chandni and Mahnoor were the happiest girls in the room.

Whatever they wanted, it happened.

Chandni's happy eyes walked through all the people present in the room and halted on the pretty yet scared girl, Shahzeen.

She was cowering behind Cleo, nervous and scared.

Her eyes trailing to one particular man again and again, her brother.

Her brother was standing on the edge of emotions.