19) A New Me, A New You

Chandni knew it was hard for him to show his emotions to a girl who was nothing to him.

He was loathing it from inside when she saw the tears in his eyes. Maybe that was the reason that he turned around, showing his back to her.

She heard the pain in his voice more than the anger.

"Sabiq," she whispered, her voice so soft as if she was worried this rowdy, arrogant, unbreakable man would break down in pieces.

Her mind begged her to not get attached to him, it was telling her to ignore his eyes drenched with tears and just move towards the bed and let the remaining night pass in silence, however it was not what she was.

She cannot see anyone in pain, she cannot ignore a silently crying soul even if it was a murderer.

Her fingers trembled as she raised her hand and touched him.

Sabiq flinched as soon as her skin touched his. He was not expecting her to touch him that too so warmly.

"Don't touch me!" He snapped at her, creating a speaking distance between them as he walked towards the window. He stood there watching the bright moon in the night sky.

Chandni looked at his broad, scarful back. His muscles were rigid. He was hating himself for telling her the truth.

Mohsina was his sister, his sister was raped...hundreds of times.

It was hard to believe. For a moment Chandni did not believe him but his tears were true.

A crease formed on her forehead as she wondered why mohsina was away from him, living a life of a sex slave when she is a sister of a mafia king.

Why Sabiq let his sister become a sex slave, did he did it intentionally?

No, he cannot.

She saw love and care in his eyes. The way he was holding her a few minutes ago, the way he kissed her that night.

Chandni felt it. He loves his sister.

Then how and why Mohsina became what she is today. The poor girl was screaming her throat out in the middle of the night.

Remembering her ashen face sent shivers down her spine.

Chandni can not even imagine how hard it must be for her to still be alive, to breath after going through the horrible experience of rape.

Not one or two but multiple times.

Sabiq's sister must be so strong to survive this animality.

If she was in her place she would have died till now.

But why... why Sabiq did not saved his sister ?

The questions were too many but there was no answer.

Chandni came out of her thoughts when the baby in her arms stirred in her sleep.

" Shh..baby" she cooed to the baby girl as she looked at Chandni with tearful eyes. Her pouty lips were quivering indicating she was about to cry.

Chandni brought her to her chest after adjusting the pink furry blanket around her tiny body nicely.

Chandni walked to and fro in the room, trying to make her stop crying but the baby girl only cried as if she was feeling the sudden gloominess in the atmosphere.

Sabiq was hell bound to not show his emotions to anyone, especially to Chandni. But today he had told her something which he was afraid to even whisper to himself.

He was not only getting attracted to her but he was also getting attached to her.

He really started to like a girl for the very first time in his life. He wanted to hold himself back, not wanting give up to his feelings, however Chandni had already made a place in his heart.