38) Red

Unedited

It was after two days when Sabiq visited his best friend's home. He was expecting Shivoham to still be in his dull self. However what he saw left him surprised. A good kind of surprise.

"Now I can freely say that this change is soothing to my eyes," he exclaimed, the delight of his voice mirroring his face.

Tara who was cuddled to Shivoham's side under the comforter blushed hard when Sabiq witnessed their coziness.

"When did you come ?" she asked him, feeling shy.

"Just when you were about to kiss his cheek," Sabiq smirked, teasing the young woman. His comment only made her turn rosier.

"Shut up Sabiq and come sit here," Tara said pointing to the sofa beside them.

Turning the volume down of the movie they were watching she came out of the comforter and went to the kitchen to make a strong coffee for Sabiq. She knew how much he liked strong coffee made by her.

Sabiq took a seat in front of Shivoham who hadn't turned his gaze towards him till now.

"I am happy that finally you are moving forward in your life, Shiva. Tara is an amazing girl and she loves you alot. I don't know about the previous girl that led you to lock yourself in a room but Tara...Tara is the one who can actually give you a happy family that you have always yearned.."

"I have never yearned for a family," Shivoham cut him in the middle.

"I don't yearn to have a family Sabiq..I am well off being alone," he said looking deadly in Sabiq's eyes. He was pissed off by his mere presence. Whenever he was looking at Sabiq, Chandni was coming to his mind and he wanted to get rid of her.

Sabiq smirked at his clear denial. No one better than him knows what Shivoham Shekhawat truly wants.

"Keep saying that to yourself," he taunted.

Shivoham ignored his remark.

They stayed quiet for a moment. It was Shivoham who finally broke the silence,"How is she ?" he asked.

"Who ?" Sabiq asked, clearly confused about whom Shivoham was asking.

"Your new girlfriend," Shivoham felt needles pricking his heart by the normal mention of her as Sabiq's girlfriend. Sabiq did not see the way his eyes were turning crazy or his jaw was ticking in anger while saying those words.

He was so lost in Mehzabeen's thoughts that he didn't see the possessiveness surfacing in Shivoham's hazel eyes.

"New girlfriend? You mean to say my only girlfriend. She is everything that resembles my god. She is a blessing to me, Shivoham. I feel blessed to have her in my life. I can not wait to finally make her my wife though I know I have to wait for that but I know she will be the one who will be with me even on my deathbed," Sabiq expressed his feelings openly thinking he was sharing it to his best friend but only if he knew what a snake his friend was.

"Wife ? So the Nusrat chapter is finally closed," Shivoham asked, raising a brow. It was his attempt to stir the conversation. He wanted to hurt Sabiq in any way possible even if it was with his words.

Sabiq chuckled, shaking his head," it was never opened dude." He trusted Shivoham so much that he did not doubt him.

"What is her name again ? Your girlfriend's," Shivoham asked as if does not remember her name.

"Chandni...my Mehzabeen," Sabiq whispered out like always, full of love.

"What do you know about her," Shivoham asked without missing a breath. It was his silent challenge to Sabiq.