Chapter 1

Note: This begins a year before the events of My Hero Academia.

Kurogiri had sent Shigaraki out on the simple trip to the grocery store. After grabbing chips and soda he decided to buy a sandwich to eat for dinner, he stopped at a nearby bench to observe the hero across the street walking like they owned the place. It annoyed him so much, heros thinking they're better just because they have more power. Shigaraki aggressively ate his sandwich, grumbling to himself until something caught his eye.

A child, not more than 4 years old sitting beside a trash can. She was sitting with her knees pulled up to her chin, her face in between them, and her arms hugging herself. Shigaraki was irked by the fact that no one noticed the little girl, or the few that did shook it off thinking her parent would come. He was finished with his sandwich but decided to stay and see if anyone would do something. It was a cold day, almost winter. The kid was wearing a light dress that was yellow but dirtied and thin leggings. The cold would soon get to her, such a small child like her would freeze easily.

No one came to help the child, and Shigaraki was starting to get cold. He crossed the street and approached the crying girl, getting a better look. Her hair was bright pink under her wool hat, and her large oval eyes were lavender. Shigaraki sighed and took off his winter coat he had over his black jacket. "Here," He muttered throwing the coat on top of the girl. She blushed, eyes tearing up even more.

"T-thank you mister!" She smiled meekly and wrapped herself in the coat. Shigaraki grunted and started to make his way back to the bar, thinking that it was just going to be a regular afternoon.

~

Shigaraki walked through the door of the bar to be greeted by Kurogiri. "Tomura Shigaraki, did you get the things I asked for?" Kurogiri said as he walked around the bar counter.

"No, forgot. But I got chips and soda." Shigaraki lied, putting the bag on the counter. Kurogiri let out a sigh that was shortly cut off by a gasp of surprise.

"And who is this?" Kurogiri narrowed his eyes to the ground behind Shigaraki, making Shigaraki turn around to see that the little girl had followed him. She was wrapped up in his coat and her cheeks were all red from the cold. "Why the fuck did you follow me?! You know how fucking dangerous this area is for little girls like you?!" Shigaraki yelled, his words to aggressive the girl pressed herself to the door, tears were already forming in her eyes. "Tomura Shigaraki, that's enough. Stop it with the profanity and lower your voice." Kurogiri scolded as he turned back to the girl. Shigaraki scoffed and rolled his eyes. Then Kurogiri approached the girl and bent to her hight, although he was still taller than her while kneeling. "What's your name? Why did you follow Shigaraki?" He said in a kind voice.

"It was getting cold- and the man over there gave me his coat so I followed him- No one else would help me but he did- I'm scared." The kid spat out her words in rapid bursts, shrinking into Shigaraki's coat nervously as she spoke.

"What are we going to do? We can't just kick her out in this dangerous neighborhood!" Shigaraki stressed, scratching his neck intensely while briskly waking to a bar stool. Kurogiri was quite surprised with Shigaraki's reaction to the girl. There was a moment of thoughtful silence, with exception of Shigaraki itching his neck.

"We could take her in. Who knows, maybe she will develop a good quirk. I think we can shape her into a fine member of the Lueage." Kurogiri confidently suggested.

Shigaraki squinted his eyes at Kurogiri. How are they going to raise a kid and build his army to defeat All Might? Just the thought of All Might in his head triggered him even more. "I am NOT taking care of that brat! You can go ahead and take care of it but don't let it get in my way!" Shigaraki shouted defiantly as he stormed off to his room.