Chapter 16

Tori held onto three of Shigaraki's fingers as they pushed through the crowd. They stopped at a burger place.

"I know we shouldn't be out and about but you've been particularly unbothersome and considerate of the circumstances, so I guess I should reward you." Shigaraki explained. Tori looked at the golden  arches of the chair restaurant that originated from America. Even though it was cheap, they didn't get McDonald's because fast food doesn't sit well in Shigaraki's stomach.

Tori's eyes twinkled and she bounced in place as they waited in line. "Chicken nuggies! I want chicken nuggies!" Tori cheered. Shigaraki was already tired of it, and couldn't wait to stuff her loud mouth with food.

They waited for Tori's meal. "Go over there and play with those kids. You seem to have a lot of energy." Shigaraki pointed to the indoor play area swarming with kids. Tori bounced in her seat.

"But I want to stay with you!" Tori said. Shigaraki sighed and picked her up. He set her by some kid picking his nose. "If I'm going out of my comfort zone then you should too. Hope you make some friends." Shigaraki said, patting her head before going back to their table.

Tori looked around. There were either kids way younger or way older than her. She passed a group of drooling babies when she spotted a kid that looked about her age and walked over to the table.

"What do you want, kid, can't you see we're eating?" A man with a mask asked. Tori was used to scary people, but she felt a chill roll down her spine as he looked coldly at Tori. "I-I was just wondering if I could play with her. Hey, what's your name? I'm Tori!" Tori explained before introducing herself to the girl with grey hair. She was pretty but she looked uneasy. 

"You can't play with her, I don't let her around filth." The man hissed. Tori puffed up her cheeks and stomped a foot.

"FILTH?! You're mean mister! Let her speak for herself, I don't listen to bullies!" Tori snapped, disrespecting the young man by sticking her tounge out. Tori felt herself getting picked up. Shigaraki held Tori with one arm.

"Oh sorry if this brat caused trouble, I'll keep an eye on her!" Shigaraki apologized with an unfimiliar politeness with his hood hiding his face. He rushed Tori back to their table.

"Tori do you even know who that guy is?! Don't just go yelling at people trying to eat, okay?" Shigaraki scolded.

"Sorry Tomura. But who was that guy?" Tori asked in a hush voice so that only Shigaraki could hear her. Shigaraki gave Tori her meal.

"A villain, but I'd rather not elaborate." Shigaraki sighed and slumped in his chair. "Eat up, I want to get out of here as quick as possible. I don't want to deal with those damn bird gangsters." 

~

The Lueage had split up for recruiting, leaving Tori and Shigaraki alone and bored in the big building. "Hey Tori, come here, I have a surprise for you." Tomura called. Tori rushed over as fast as she could with her still healing foot.

Shigaraki was on the ground with a controller in his hands, which was connected to a laptop with the Minecraft loading screen on it. Tori gasped and took the second controller. "Finally! Something to do! I want to do creative so we can do a building competition!" Tori wiggled with excitement.

"Actually, I was thinking we could go up against other players. We'll team up, since it's your first time." Tomura said. Tori was pumped up with competitive spirit. "We'll beat them before they can even make a move!" She cheered.

They were dominating everyone, even Tori, who was still a noobey in the game. They started with about ten people, but now it was only the two of them.