Chapter 5

Before she knew it, Tori's first day of school had come. She walked Kurogiri to school, and Kurogiri dragged Shigaraki with them.

"Do we really have to walk her to school every day? It's too early!" Shigaraki complained. He was in his black hoodie, red winter coat, and his mask. "Not to mention that it's freezing!"

Tori was wearing her new school uniform, a long blue skirt and a white, long-sleeved button-up shirt under her big puffy coat. Kurogiri added a matching blue hair clip for a final touch. She skipped in her red winter boots as she held Shigaraki's sleeve.

"Thank you for coming Shigaraki, I was starting to get nervous! Will you walk with me to school until I make friends to walk with?" Tori smiled, silencing Shigaraki's complaints. Who ever knew a little girl could be so comfortable around villains. It didn't even phase her how sketchy the neighborhood around them was, with run-down broken buildings, drunk people and pocket-pickers hovering around.

"I don't think it's safe for you to walk to school alone. Same for walking back, wait for me or Tomura Shigaraki to escort you after school, too." Kurogiri said. Tori nodded and continued to skip the way to her new school.

When they got there, a teacher waited out at the gates to greet Tori. "Why, you must be Hana Tori, and you are?..." The old lady asked the two men. She was in her mid 60's, she had lavender skin and two pairs of glasses for her two set of kind eyes, she also wore a brown cardigan over her royal blue dress.

"Like I said the other day, I'm her uncle, and this is her father, Mr. Hana." Kurogiri introduced himself in Shigaraki, who scowled at his cover. Kurogiri had probably written that down when he was making Tori's fake documents. Of course he had to be the father, everyone else thought so. The teacher smiled and offered her hand. "Hello, nice to meet you Mr. Hana, I'm Mrs. Lee." She greeted. Shigaraki nodded and kept his hands in his pockets. "I don't do handshakes." He said. Mrs. Lee smiled and pulled back her hand. "Well, it's nice meeting you two gentlemen. I think Tori is going to do just great here." The old lady reassured them. She turned around and Tori followed her new teacher to her new school. Shigaraki's heart ached as he saw Tori walk away. She turned around and smiled. "Bye! I'll see you after school!" She said as she waved in big strokes. She then turned back around to catch up to her teacher before Shigaraki could wave back.

"Tomura Shigaraki, are you okay?" Kurogiri asked, putting a hand on Shigaraki's shoulder. Shigaraki shook it off, he realized his eyes were not as dry as usual. "It's okay, it's hard letting them go, same happened when I took you to school. Don't worry, Tomura Shigaraki, Tori will do just fine, she's a good kid." Kurogiri continued, ignoring Shigaraki's pushing and whining for him to stop as they walked back to the bar. "C-cut it out! It's just that- kids can be really cruel- and without a quirk- ugh! Why am I even explaining this to you! And I didn't even go to public school you taught me!" Shigaraki was flustered and annoyed, kicking Kurogiri as he continued on comforting him. "It's okay sir, you can cry in front of me, I won't judge."

~

Twenty pairs of eyes were on Tori as her teacher introduced her. "Hana, would you like to say a little bit about yourself?" Mrs. Lee asked. Tori started to remember what Shigaraki tried to bury inside her head earlier this morning.

"Don't rat us out, okay? At school I'm your brother or whatever Kurogiri put, got that? My name is Mr. Hana and Kurogiri is simply uncle. You have always lived with us, we are good caretakers, got that?" He said sternly before they had left the bar. Tori nodded, but she didn't really understand why she had to pretend those things, but she obayed anyways.

"My name is Hana Tori, I moved here a two months ago from Hosu. Um, I like reading books and playing with my dolls. And my quirk is that I can see things very well from far away, but it's pretty weak." Tori lied, going with everything Shigaraki told her to say. She had perfect vision, so she could pass that as her fake quirk.