Chapter 21

It was odd how quickly Tori went back to some sort of normalcy. Soon enough they had put her in the same school she was in several months ago along with Eri. It was as if one moment she was on the run with villains and the next she was learning about addition. It wasn't as if s6he already didn't know addition, once you get the single numbers down you can subtract anything.

Everyone seemed more impressed with the new student rather than her return. But as soon as class ended for lunch and recess Medusa ran over to her and Eri. She hugged Tori, nearly making it so she couldn't breath.

"Hana! Boy am I glad to see you!" Medusa finally let go.

"Hey Eri do you want to eat lunch with us?" A group of kids asked Eri. Eri declined by shyly shaking her head.

"Oh so do you guys know each other?" Medusa asked the two girls. "Yeah, but that's a long story. In short we both live in UA." Tori's explanation made Medusa's mouth drop. "NO WAY! You mean that school for heros?! Are you planning on being one and they let you in early or what?" Tori simply laughed, leading them to the lunchroom. "I'll explain in detail later, for now I'm just hungry." 

"Whoa- so like, your dad is actually a very dangerous villain so Hawks took you away from him? What about you Eri?" Medusa turned eagerly to the girl that has been silent the while time.

"Heros saved me from my dad that used me to make money. I think he was going to work with Tori's dad too. I've heard them speak of Tomura Shigaraki before and he didn't seem to really like him. I like my new daddy much more, he's nice and lets me play with his cats." Eri talked softly but her words made Media's mouth drop once more.

"Wow so both of my friends have been living with villains! I mean- can we be friends Eri?" Medusa shyly blushed as she asked Eri to be her friend. "Yeah, we can be friends." Eri smiled softly.

"Wait, so who is your new daddy Eri? Have I met him before?" Tori asked.  "I'm not sure if you've met but he's Eraserhead, he has long hair and a scarf." Eri described the tired hero with the all black costume. "Oh yeah! I guess he was nice. Kind of cold twords me." Tori slumped in her chair.

"He's acts like that but he's actually very caring." "Oh so like how Tomura is?" "Yeah I guess so. But I've never met him." Meduasa was still in shock, she couldn't believe her friends we casually talking about big time villains and heros.

"Will I ever be able to meet your heros Tori and Eri?" Medusa asked. "Well I'm surprised Hawks hasn't tracked me down yet. But most likely one will pick us up, right Eri? We can also always invite you over for a playdate. I bet you want to meet one since you want to be a hero, right?" Medusa smiled in guilt. She was so see-through. "Heheh yeah. That's okay right?" "Yeah that's completely fine."

The trio talked all through lunch and recess, catching up and getting to know each other. All three were impatient for school to end when they were back in class.

"Class dismissed. Tori and Eri, UA contacted me and told me to keep you in the classroom until someone is here to pick you two up." The teacher announced when the bell rang.

"I'll go ask my parents when they come to pick me up, I'll be back in a bit." Medusa waved goodbye and left the classroom to meet her parents at the front gates.

She was almost at the gates, the traffic passed by and Medusa seemed to be the only one left. She stopped in her tracks when she saw a strange man waiting for her at the gate.

"You're Tori Hana's friend Medusa... Right?" The man was covered in piercings and fake purple skin that peeked out from the holes of his black jacket that ziped up to his nose.

"Yeah... are you her brother or something?" She asked, acting innocent. She felt uneasy meeting the villain she saw on TV: Dabi, an arsonist responsible for several murders, and a member of the Lueage of Villains. Her parents explained what was on the TV a lot so she could learn about current events. She felt terrified, but if Tori said they were nice than she had to trust him.

"Something like that, anyways tell her I got a little apology for her, and to open it when she's alone." He walked up and handed over a small box. Medusa didn't give it a second look and looked up to the villain with a smile. Her legs probably shook but if they were nice to Tori they wouldn't hurt her, right? Medusa had to keep on reminding herself of this, she wouldn't be a good friend if she didn't trust her. "S-sure thing. Who do I say it's from, her brother?" She asked. The man towered over her even when he bent down.

"No need, she'll know who I am when she sees the note in it." He looked down at her and Medusa stared into his half-closed blue eyes. He looked sad but Medusa couldn't quite tell without seeing his mouth. He put a hand on her head and ruffled her hair. "Thanks, and please, just forget about me and don't tell anyone after giving it to Tori." He stood straight and turned around. Medusa stood frozen before hearing her parent's car honk.

~

"Hey sorry for not coming back yesterday, my parents said no since they were busy. But maybe I can ask again today." Medusa apologized when Tori and Eri walked in.

"Oh that's fine. Maybe you can even ask to stay the night! Tomorrow is the weekend, a sleepover would be so much fun! Right Eri?" Tori suggested. Eri happily agreed. "Oh that would be fun! I can call my parents with the school phone to bring over my stuff so I can go right after school." Tori didn't know students could just call their parents whenever, but it wasn't like she had anyone to call.

"Oh! I also have something for you when we have recess." Medusa added. Tori tilted her head with mild confusion. "A present? Why?" Tori chuckled a bit. "Oh it's not from me. Someone who said they were sort of your brother gave it to me and told me to give it to you." Medusa explained. "I think it might be Dabi." She whispered. Tori froze, striking concern in both Medusa and Eri.

"We can open it when we get to your home. For now I want to know more about how your hair gets like that! I should start bringing a comb for you." Medusa changed the subject to Tori's tangled mess of hair. "You're right, Hawks made me put it up after he combed it once so it wouldn't get knotted. Maybe I should get in the habit of doing that." Tori giggled, not wanting to think about the present as well.

~

"So, you wanted to meet up? What for?" Dabi stood on guard as the woman approached him. It bothered him how close she stood next to him, what was she trying to do?

He pinned her to the wall, using one arm to keep him from getting too close and the other to hold he shoulder to the wall. "What? Want to use me to get back at your husband? I could get paid and I would still refuse to sleep with a dirty whore like you. Just because you're pretty and rich doesn't mean I would stoop so low to a snake like you." Dabi growled. Mrs. Eto held her breath as flickers of blue escaped the man's hands. "Oh you can only dream. I'm here to talk about Tenshi. I know she is with the hero's now. It's only a matter of time they find the truth or give her to my husband. I'm here to offer a very generous deal since in both situations you will not be able to see her." Mrs. Eto introduced the offer. Dabi gripped his fists and stepped away from the wall, crossing his arms and giving the lady a smirk. "Gosh can't take a joke. Anyways, about the deal, I'm not taking it." 

"Oh? That's interesting, because I know your leader would gladly take it. Maybe I should speak of it with him..." Mrs. Eto purposed. "No need, I represent him as well and he would decline. He doesn't work with bitches." Dabi acted cool but Mrs. Eto saw through the smoke. "That just confirms my suspicions. You're lying, Mr. Dabi. I know you are the only one who knows where Tori is and I know you are the one that gave her to the heros."

Dammit, but how? Dabi frowned in frustration.

"I assume you're wonder how? But a magician never reveals her secret. My only question is why you just gave her away? You know how upset your leader would be if he found out?" The woman teased. "That's not true, and why would Shigaraki believe you anyways? I'm his-"

"Pet. That's all you are. But once the dog bites the owner the owner doesn't hesitate to put it down. Once the trust  is broken he won't hesitate to kill you."

"You bitch..." 

"Now, will you take my offer?" Eto raised an eyebrow and smiled as she tasted checkmate. "Tell me first. I want to know if it's fair." Dabi sat down, all ears.

~Thanks for reading!~