17

Things had changed, a lot.

The Lueage now lived on the run, they went from abandoned building to abandoned building, not staying for too long. They would also take routinely visits to get supplies and gear from Giran.

The others were out shopping or causing trouble, leaving Shigaraki to babysit Tori. The calming silence fell when Tomura got a phone call.

"That maid ran her damn mouth, what a pity. I have to take a quick trip, stay here Tori." Shigaraki pat Tori's head before he left the room. Tori looked looked down and debated whether to listen or not. She set down her toys and snuck after Shigaraki.

He was with a Nomu, who set up a warp that wasn't like Kurogiri's or the one the man called All for One used. Tori quickly ran into the warp before the Nomu could stop her.

Shigaraki ignored the please of the maid, who was tied up to a chair. He wipped the dust from his clothes and turned to see Tori standing right behind him, shocked and in the pink coat Giran gave her.

"Tori-" Before Tomura could finnish, the girl ran off.

Tori weezed as she sprinted out the door and through what seemed to be a bar or club of some sort. She should've been use to it, but Tori still cried over the death of a woman she didn't even know. She bumped into a big man in leather, which kocked her to the ground.

Footsteps followed and Shigaraki had found her. "Hey what the hell? Why is there a kid here? Sir is she yours?" The man asked Shigaraki with a dissaproving look.

"Yes, sorry she cause you trouble. Come on now Tori, let's go." Tomura tried grabbing Tori's hand, but the man pulled her back. "Whoa there, she looks awfully shaken, and this is no place for a child, how can I be sure you're not doing anything bad to her?" Though the man was a bit buzzed, he still had a sense of suspicion.

"They're both with me Kai, no need to worry. He's just here for some business but couldn't find a babysitter you see, guess she got a little shaken." Giran stepped in; the man backed off. "Oh, that's still awful of you sir, but I'll let you slide since I trust Giran. Tori was it? Are you sure you're okay?" The man double checked. "Yes, it's fine, my dad wouldn't hurt me." Tori answered, she looked at Tomura coldly. He knew she was upset with him.

"Okay then, sorry for knocking you down, I'm probably really scary too. Next time sir just tell Giran, he has connections to a couple of babysitters that keep their mouth shut for villains like you. You were on the news, right?" Tomura nodded. "Yeah, thanks for the advice. Come on Tori, let's go home." Tomura grabbed her hand so he could bring her back through thw portal. Giran was kind enough to leave them alone and not bother Shigaraki, for he noted the mood of the two.

"I told you not to follow, don't you be mad at me." He hissed. Tori obediently followed him into the portal and they were back in the old house.

"Why did you kill her? She was all tied up, she couldn't hurt you." She asked, still shaken from the recent incident. Sometimes Shigaraki forgot how Tori was still a fragile child. "Was it what she did to you that awful that you had to go kill her when she couldn't fight back?" 

"I can't tell you, but it was to keep you safe." To him killing people was quite the norm, he couldn't remember the day he became unphased by the taking of lives, so Tori's feelings were alien to him.

"I'll do my best to protect you without killing, just for you, okay kid?" Shigaraki simply punched Tori's shoulder gently before ending the conversation by walking away.

That was it, Tori didn't argue. She trusted Shigaraki to keep his word, or at least she hoped she could.

~