Chapter 19

Tori ended up overstating her visit with Hawks. UA hesitated to take her in, but they did send over a representative to talk with her. Although Tori knew they just wanted information on the Lueage.

"I know you'll be good for them but I want you to tell them everything. This school as nothing but good intentions as well. But in case you end  up having to go with them this might be goodbye. I'll come and visit you once and awhile. If you want I'll even try to deliver messages from the Lueage of Villains, though for now I'm only in contact with Dabi. You're close with them, right?" It was odd talking about the villains in such a manner. He, a hero, felt like the villain for separating them but reminded himself that the girl shouldn't live with such dangerous people. 

"I don't really feel like talking with Dabi. He hurt my feelings! If you ever meet Shigaraki don't tell him about me, though. That'll just make him mad at you. He's probably worried sick since he probably thinks I'm with my parents. Maybe you can make an excuse and I can write a message to them..." 

There was a knock at the door. Hawks went over to answer it.

"Well if it isn't the one and only Midnight! Hope you are having a wonderful afternoon, I think it's my cue to head on out! See ya later  Hana!" Hawks smiled genuinely and waved goodbye before he stepped out. The lady that Hawks called Midnight waved goodbye to Hawks amd approached Tori.

"Hey darling, it's very nice to meet you! Aw, you look so cute, I love your pink hair! How are you today?" She bent down and smiled at Tori.

"Okay I guess." She muttered. The hero straightened up. "Well that's a shame! I hope you don't think that all the time. Hope maybe I can find a way to cheer you up. What's your favorite thing to do?" She asked.

"I guess I like playing house, but I don't have anything to use... I like drawing too, we can do that." Tori went off to find spare paper in Hawk's office. She came back with a two pencils and a small stack of paper.

"So, how is it living here? Hawks is probably not the best to live with, he's too young to be responsible for you. I bet you are the more mature one in this house." The woman talked as they both drew. Tori was surprised with how calm she was dispite her reputation. Tori realized she was talking to the real Midnight, not her pervy persona.

"I can take care of myself. Mister Hawks is really nice but we have a lot of chicken, I could go for some beef." The hero laughed at this. "I'll make sure to let UA know you like beef. Though we still need to have a meeting before we can possibly take you in. Can you survive at least one more dinner with chicken?" Tori nodded in agreement.

"What are you drawing?" Midnight peeked over to see the girl's drawing. "I want to show everyone that Tomura and the others aren't bad. Well Dabi might be bad, I'm mad at him." Midnight raised an eyebrow. "What did he do?" She really didn't see any of them as good people, so she wondered what a villain could possible do to make a kid living with villains mad.

"Can't tell you, sorry. But I was with him when Hawks took me." Did the villain Dabi let Tori get taken? It wasn't a villainous act in Midnight's book, and it was quite odd. The whole situation was odd, the girl was taken by villains for a week, and then she wanted to go back. It definitely had to be a case of Stockholm syndrome.

"Mister Hawks  didn't tell you the truth, did he?" Tori deadpanned. She could tell by the look the hero would give her while she thought. "What do you mean? I mean, he just said that you shouldn't be returned back to your parents for now but I guess we assumed it was just for us to question you. I knew something was off, he should've went to the police if that was his purpose..." 

"My parents said I was with villains for a week, but I've actually been living with them for nearly a year. I ran away from my parents, they did bad things to me and they just want me back so I don't tell anyone else. I wasn't kidnapped or anything like that, I actually followed Tomura back to his hideout. He was nothing but nice to me and same for the rest. We have our ups and downs but I've never seen the villain you talk about!" Tori explained to the hero. She lied a bit, she has seen Tomura act scary, but she knew it was all to protect her, not hurt her.

The hero's expression was less confused and more shocked. "Oh my... This is more complicated than I thought... I'll make sure to notify UA about this. For now do you think you can give me more information on the Lueage of Villains?" Midnight didn't want to bring back bad memories yet by asking more about her parents. 

"I don't have any useful information if that's what your looking for. Tomura likes keeping his bad guy stuff away from me. Why should I tell you anyways?" Tori crossed her arms. "Well that's easy to answer: they may be good but that doesn't mean they act good. They have killed and hurt innocent people and nothing can change that fact. Who knows? Maybe after they are punished for their actions they might be able to live normal lives." The hero explained, although she doubted they would ever let the villains recover out to the real word once they were cought.

Tori frowned, but she couldn't deny it. "Well I can straighten them up and make them be good guys! I'll yell at them I promise, just let me have a chance to talk to them. Please, they're good people but they just need help." Tori stood up and bowed, desperate to get her way. The hero simply chuckled and put a hand on Tori's head. "Sorry princess  but I don't think the higher-ups would allow that." Midnight sighed. "If you aren't going to give me any information than I'll have to  going to get going. It was nice talking to you, Tori, I'll make sure to clear things up and see what we can do to help you. But I'm going to be honest me as an individual I don't have much power over these kinds of things." The woman stood back up and wiped the earaser dust off of her tights. 

"Can I see your drawing?" Tori asked. "We'll trade. I can show the principle your drawing and you can keep mine." They bother traded and then Midnight left, blowing a kiss before leaving.

Tori looked at her drawing. It was of a shirtless Hawks. Tori had to admit she was very skilled but it made rethink on her reputation just being a persona.

~

"So, any information on the Lueage?" Principal Nezu asked as Midnight strolled in. She gave him the drawing.

"It seems that her parents lied. I suggest we hold a meeting, I'll explain in more detail then. Until then, this drawing sums up pretty much where the girl stands, she lied to me earlier and I think we'll have a hard time getting information unless we do as she says." Midnight summarized.

The mammal nodded and dismissed the hero.

~

"No Tori?" Shigaraki looked weakened, he spent relentless hours looking, but turned up empty handed as well. "We had no leads. I hate to say it but we should start focusing on more important things." Spinner sighed. Shigaraki closed his eyes for a moment. He was a lot calmer than before.

"Very well. Twice, can you go an buy as much alcohol as you can with this? Something strong, please." He handed Twice 2,000 yen before sending him off.

"I thought you were trying to cut down." Dabi pervoked. "Gosh you really are an asswhole. Why do you seem fine? Tori liked you even more than me sometimes." Tomura sneered. Dabi remained unphased. "Dunno, guess I'm just use to this kind of stuff. I have a hard time attaching to things-" "Tori is not a thing, you better watch your mouth." Shigaraki threatened with a dangerous look. 

Toga threw a knife between the two making them both snap at her. "You girlies need to stop bitchn', we're a team, we need to work together since we all sacrifices so much already. There's no going back and we cannot get caught no matter what." Compress and Spinner were both surprised by Toga's sudden aggression. The tension between the members was starting to get out of hand.

"Why don't we isolate ourselves for a while? Cool off then we'll talk in about a day or two?" Mr. Compress suggested.

The rest of the villains agreed and some simply went into their rooms while Dabi and Shigaraki went out seperate exits.

~Thanks for reading!~