Chapter 9

Tori observed the two men as they were absorbed into the news on tv. "Why are you guys always watching the news, isn't it boring?" Tori complained. Shigaraki shushed her and they sat still, their eyes glued to the reporter talking about All Might's recent battles. Shigaraki slammed his fist on the counter.

"Dammit! Do we have any lead on when we can strike?" Shigaraki asked Kurogiri, who shook his head. "No but the final product is finished. It should be here tomorrow." Kurogiri told Shigaraki. Tori had no idea what they were talking about. "What do you mean? What's coming tomorrow?" Tori asked. The men looked at each other.

"I can't really say, but don't be scared of it when it arrives, it'll be like a pet, got it?" Shigaraki answered ominously. Tori had more questions than she started with. "Why would I be scared? I got you guys protecting me!" Tori smiled confidently. She waited impatiently for tomarrow to come.

It was big, frightening, and purple. It's eyes stared right into Tori's. It looked like a man, but acted and sounded nothing like one. It only made growled and grunts, and often stood on all fours.

"Tori, meet Nomu, get use to it because it's going to be living here for awhile." Shigaraki introduced. Tori looked up at the towering monster and waved. "Hey mister!" She greeted with a smile. The creature didn't respond. Shigaraki shook his head.

"No Tori it isn't a human, or, not anymore. Anyways don't try to talk to it it's no use." Shigaraki explained. Tori didn't quite understand what he meant but nodded.

"Now Nomu, don't hurt Tori." Shigaraki ordered. Tori was more confused. "Why can you talk to it?" She asked. "Because I'm it's master, it only listens to me." Shigaraki explained. "Now go on, I need to practice training it." Shigaraki shooed Tori away.

Tori snuck around to get a peek at the odd new guest. Shigaraki was teaching him to crush and destroy things, made him punch the air a couple times. It all confused Tori.

When Shigaraki left to take a break after a morning of frustration, Nomu was all alone, sitting mindlessly. Tori stepped out of the shadows and approached the purple creature.

"Hey, mister Nomu! Want to play with me? It's getting boring playing dolls all alone." The creature just stared at her. She thought of an idea and rushed back to her room.

She set down a quarter of a cookie at a time, leading them to her room. She waited patiently, hoping Nomu would take the bait. Luckily it did, and once he sat in her room Tori grabbed a doll and set it in his lap. "Now, let's play house. You're the dad, I'm the mom, and the doll you're holding is the baby, got it?" Tori instructed. The Nomu simply stared at her.

"Oh come on! You listen to Shigaraki! I'll give you more cookies, how about that?" Tori coaxed. The Nomu held the doll in his hands and started rocking it back and forth.

"Good! Now I'll make us some din-"

"TORI?!" Tori heard before finishing her sentence. Shigaraki ran into her room.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Shigaraki yelled. Tori was in big trouble. "I'm sorry, I was-" she started. "You know how dangerous this thing is?! How'd you get it over here anyways? I ordered it to stay put!" Shigaraki freaked. He took the doll out of the Nomu's hands and ordered it to follow him. "No more going into the bar until further notice! Got that?!" Shigaraki shouted as he slammed the door.

~

Tori was bored out of her mind. She even did extra training herself until Kurogiri was back. "What's going on, Tori Hana?" He asked as he brought in a sandwich and water.

"Shigaraki grounded me for playing house with mister Nomu." Tori pouted. Kurogiri set the plate and glass on her nightstand. "Well you don't know this, but Nomu can be very dangerous, so I understand why Tomura Shigaraki is mad." Kurogiri said, taking Shigaraki's side.