18

"How is the subject?" Mrs. Eto nervously checked on her husband as he observed the results from the tests.

"I think it was a success. From now on, your daughter is apart of mine. She's ours now." He announced. Mrs. Eto broke down into tears of joy. "My dear Tenshi! Oh how she will be reborn!" She gripped onto Mr. Eto, who put a gentle hand over her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Yes, and shall my daughter be purified from the curse that has consumed this world." He left the rest to the assistants and the couple celebrated their success with a glass of wine.

Weeks passed and the couple observed their daughter as she grew and recovered. Mrs. Eto was pleased to see her traits appear on her reborn daughter. She had regrow her hair to a new pink tailored to make her look like her mother.

"Dear, I was wondering if we could let my father meet his granddaughter." The woman asked in permission. "No. He will never understand what beauty we made." Mr. Eto disapproved. Mrs. Eto was upset, but understood and obayed.

Three years past and Mrs. Eto's father came over himself.

"What is the meaning of three years worth of silence? Why do you never visit or talk anymore, dear?" The old man questioned his daughter. The woman was frantic. He could not let him see...

"Mother?" The little girl peeked from the corner. Both adults froze. Mrs. Eto's heart beat fast and sweat started to bead on her forehead.

"What... is that?" He managed out. Her daughter ran to her mother's legs to hide behind them.

"This is me and my husband's daughter. We purified Tenshi by combining her quirkless DNA with-"

"THAT ENOUGH! What nonsense! Tenshi has been dead for years! Your new husband has driven you to insanity! You're coming home with me this instant young lady!" The grandfather cut Mrs. Eto short of her explanation. His daughter stood her ground. The pink-haired girl shivered with fright and hid behind her mother fully.

"No. I will never go back with you! I'm not a child anymore and I am most certainly NOT mad! How DARE you come here unannounced just to insult my daughter!" She snapped.

"Daughter? That thing is a monster! Now don't be foolish and go home with me young lady!" The grandfather snapped back. He reached out to grab Mrs. Eto's wrist.

BANG

The old man fell onto the ground. Mrs. Eto looked horrifically at the man who shot her father.

"Why?..." She let out breathlessly as before collapsing to the ground. She hesitated to touch her father. He had been shot clean through the head.

"That old man never understood about you and I, our research, our creation. He was better left dead. Some one clean this mess up." Mr. Eto didn't glance twice at the dead man nor his broken wife. He turned to the girl instead.

"You. Get over here now." He ordered. But the child was frozen in place. Her hands and knees shook violently but she didn't move her feet. The man scoffed and tucked away his gun. Then he walked over, grabbed onto the girl's hair, and dragged her back into the lab.

"No! Give her back!" Mrs. Eto shouted. But the man ignored the pleadsof his wife and the cries of his daughter.

The girl cried louder has her father started to play his old records once more.

~

"Okay what are you two mad about?" Tori asked Dabi. He was busy setting up his sleeping bag in the room he claimed.

"Very observant of you. But I'm not going to tell you. Now go bother Shigaraki." Dabi waved Tori away but she remained sitting on the floor.

"No he's madder than you! Plus I think he wants to be alone." Tori looked down sadly. Dabi raised an eyebrow. This kid never hesitated to bother someone when they didn't want to be.