𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐳

A girl, around my age, opened the door. She had short blonde hair, with a cream sweater. A kind smile graced her face as she welcomed me.

"So you must be Evan?" She smiled, and she gestured for me to walk through the doorway. "How are you?" She holds her hand out for me to shake.

I anxiously grabbed her hand and shook it as she wanted. I only then remembered that my hands were drenched in sweat. Casey must have noticed this too as her face wore a relatively disgusted and uncomfortable look. I took this as a sign to leave her alone and ran (feeling) like naruto up the stairs to my temporary room.

As I got to the room I opened the door and closed it just as quickly. Why did I do that? I messed up. She must hate me by now, everyone does at this rate. I'd be lying if I said I didn't deserve it. As I sat on my makeshift bed, I felt hot tears streaming down my face. He felt like Naruto, he felt like hey.

𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩
𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐲𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

I pause the TV and turn to look at the staircase behind me. _I wonder if Evans is okay_... I sigh, and get up and head towards the staircase. As I get closer to the room, I hear muffled cries, and I start to feel partially guilty. I stand outside the door, and gently knock before asking "Hey, Evan are you okay?" The cries stop and I only catch him saying "I'm fine. I'm just stressed about some past events." I pause, not sure what to say, surely he isn't a bad person right? "It's okay, just talk to me if you need to, I'm fine with it"

I walked back down the stairs, feeling pity for the boy. I cast that feeling aside and headed down to the living room, where I had a film tape sitting out.

I sorted through the tapes, and then the idea of having popcorn sprung into my mind. I wonder if Evan would want to watch a movie with me, though from what I saw he seems like he'd piss himself if he saw a scary movie. I headed to the kitchen, and opened the top right cabinet beside the fridge and reached in to grab the jiffy pop packet.

As I was checking the pan, my phone rang and I went to pick it up.

"Hello fam", the voice spoke. It was deep and sounded oddly filtered.

"Who is this?", he spoke again.

"I think you have the wrong number, sorry ", I spoke back trying to be polite.

"I do?", he sounded confused.

"It's normal, have a good night ", I said and hung up

I walk back to the kitchen, and the phone rings again. I roll my eyes, before picking it up. "Hello?"
"I'm sorry fam, guess I called the wrong number" the deep voice replied. Not him again.
"So why did you call it again???" I say, my voice sounding very agitated
"To apologise"
"okay? you're forgiven bye." I slam the phone back in the receiver
just as I turn away, it begins to ring again
For fucks sake
"Why don't you want to talk to me?"
By this point, I'm done. It's probably just some greasy-haired stuck up sket from school. "Who is this?"
"If you tell me your name, I'll tell you mine"
"Uhm why do you need to know my name" weirdo I roll my eyes
I shake the popcorn a little, "you makin popcorn, fam?"
As much as I want to put down the phone, I am curious. I want to see the end of this phone call
"yeah, I've got a movie ready"
"what movie?"
"just some horror film"
"oh really? What's your fav?"
I roll my eyes, it's as if he's trying to create small talk with me. It's ridiculous.
"I don't know"
"yoU Have to have a fav fam"
I pause to think, before picking up the tape that is lying on the kitchen island, "heathers" "what's yours?"
"Guess"
"hmmm, the shining?"
I hear him breathe into the phone, I can almost feel the moisture from his mouth on the other side of the phone.
"Oh yeah, the one with the devilishly handsome main character?"
"uhm"
"So you gotta boyfriend?"
"No, I'm a lesbian actually"
He pauses, and pride swells in my throat--that wasn't the answer he was expecting huh?
"Why you wanna ask me out?" I giggle.
"Maybe I did."
I laugh.
"You never told me your name?"
"Why do you need to know my name?"
"Because I want to know who I'm staring at fam"
my eyes widen in shock, as I turn to look out the big glass doors in the living room.

𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯
As Casey left the room, I felt regret for not telling her what was wrong. I know she would've been disgusted, but I needed to open up to someone eventually. Mum told me that it wasn't good to keep my emotions bottled up.

It's been half an hour now and Caseys has been relatively quiet, I heard her on the phone so I assumed it was her boyfriend. While I was lost in my train of thought, I heard a scream coming from the living room
 I immediately jump off the bed. My eyes dart around the room and they land on the old wooden closet. Oh well, it's my only choice.

I open the door, and slowly get in, trying to not make a sound. I go to fully get in and end up falling over a shoebox and the metal pole that runs across the wardrobe falls and hits me over the head.

Sweat begins to pour off my body as I hear footsteps come up the stairs

fuck