Chapter thirty four.

Seven woke up to the sound of Santana crying, She decided it was best to leave after her argument with Cree so they were back home now. After getting up and feeding him she was about to turn on one of her shows and fold some clothes. But as soon as she sat back down there was a knock on the front door. She knew that Loren was already gone for work so she would have to go get it.  After picking Santana up she left out her room to see who it was. "It's me." A voice said. She looked out the window and signed loudly. "What you doing here Devon?" She said cracking the door open. "Let me in. I wanna talk to you and I wanna see the baby." He said.

"You need to leave." Seven said. "I know where we ended off wasn't the best. But I just wanna hold my son. I won't say nothing out of line to you I swear." Devon said. "How yo girl friend feel about you being here right now?" She asked. "She don't know I'm here. What that got to do with it tho? You got yo nigga right? Now I got me somebody you mad and you can't take it." Devon said. "Mad? Never that. Just don't be talking shit then pop up saying you wanna see your quote on quote son." Seven said. "Can I just come in? I didn't come to argue with you. I just wanna see him." He said. "I don't know Devon." She said. "Please? Just let me see him." He said. She was quiet for a moment. "You can hold him but you ain't staying long. Come on." She said as she unlocked the screen door. He walked in.

"I'm sorry for saying all that out there. Deep down I'm still mad at myself for fucking up what we had like that. And I take it out on you. I'm tryna change that I swear I am. For you and Santana." Devon said. "Mhm I bet, go wash your hands." Seven said. "Okay. Now that I'm in the house its some I gotta call you out on. Then I'm done." Devon said. "Call me out? I haven't did anything wrong." She said. "For starters you sent that nigga to my house in the middle of the night to put his hands on me." Devon said. "You kissed me without consent. What you think was gonna happen?" Seven asked.

"I just thought you was better than that. I thought we was better than that." Devon said. "Well I thought so too. Cause you know the stuff you said to me was out of line." She said. "I already apologized for that. Now as I was saying. Ian like how you didn't call me when you had the baby. You know I wanted to be there." He said as he reached out to grab Santana. "Yeah well just the week before you was saying you wanted no dealings. So how would I know how you were gonna act when you got there? Come on now Devon don't sit there and act like you innocent in this situation." Seven said making sure he was holding the baby right. "I never said I was but I do feel like I deserved to be there when my son came into this world. Not some random nigga and his family. Fuck typa shit you on Seven." Devon said.

"Random? No you mean there the whole time? There for all my appointments, there for me when all I could do was lay in the bed all day, there for me when I was crying, scared if I would even be a good mother or not. He was there Devon. Not you. He took me being pregnant better than you did. And he stepped up. You didn't even care about me or the baby until you saw that I was finally happy again. And you know that shit so just stop. Stop playing victim." Seven said feeling herself get mad. "Calm down. He can tell when we arguing. Babies don't like that." Devon said. "Ohh. Cause I forgot you're a expert on babies. You haven't changed one diaper sit down." Seven said waving him off.

"Okay I know that Seven but I'm trying to learn. I even read this book. I wanna be ready for him. For you and him." Devon said. "You had nine months to get ready." Seven said. "I hadn't even processed it then. But seeing him here now. Looking just like me. I know I can't keep playing games. I love him. I really do." Devon said smiling. "Well he actually looks like me. His mother. But I hear you Devon. I just hope you keep yo word this time." Seven said. "I am. And I'm sorry I never thanked you." He said. "For?" She asked. "For having yo shit together when I didn't. Being a good mom for our baby. I know we always talked about our future and us having kids. But the moment it became a reality I bailed on you. And I really am sorry for that. I was dead wrong." Devon said.