chapter ten

"No I wanna speak to the man that pointed a gun in my babies face!" Pops yelled. "He's been sent home sir." A officer said. "That's fucking bullshit." Prince said. "He shot a innocent kid and held my daughter at gun point. He needs to be in jail." Pops said. "Look sir i'll do my best to-." "Fuck that. You either arrest him or ima raise hell in these streets." Prince said. He was trying his best not to crash out but the fact that somebody pointed a gun at his baby sister just didn't sit right with him. Cree and June were about to pull up any second and it was only gonna get worse.

"Baby you alright?" Moms asked. She was trying to get Harmony to talk but she wasn't having much luck. Harmony was shaking in fear. "I just need to know that he's okay." She said. "it's in gods hand. All we can do is pray." Moms said. "But he didn't even do anything mom he was just standing there trying to protect me and he just shot him right there." Harmony cried. "Right in my face and I couldn't stop it." She added hyperventilating. "It's not your fault baby." Moms said rubbing her back.

"But what if he dies?" Harmony asked. "Hold on baby." Moms said rubbing her arm. "Shawn we gonna go see him at the hospital alright?" Moms said. "Alright Kia y'all be safe i'll be home later." Pops said before getting back on the officers case. Moms grabbed Harmony's hand and led her to the car. They drove straight to the hospital. It felt like forever and Harmony just wanted to know if Quincy was okay. He couldn't die. Not like this not now. Moms could see all the pain Harmony was in. She reached her hand over and touched her face. "It'll be okay baby." She said.

When they got to the hospital Quincy's mom, Seven, Tiana, Laron and Loren were in the waiting room. Harmony ran over to them. "Is he gonna be okay?" She asked. "They don't know yet. We just hoping for the best right now." Laron said. He was the only one put together enough to speak. All the girls were a mess. "I don't even know what happened. They call me and say my son was shot because he tried to assault a cop." Quincy's mom said. "That's a lie. He shot him because he was trying to defend me. He was trying to arrest him over a small bag of weed- Not even a blunt and I just wanted to help and that's when the officer pointed his taser out and pointed it at me." Harmony said.

"Quincy told him to leave me alone and he shot him." She added. "Are you serious?" Seven asked. "Yes! He held me at gun point for five minutes before he even called for back up. He was letting Quincy bleed out and I couldn't even help." Harmony said. Quincy's mom broke down. "I can't lose him." She cried. "Where the man who did this shit?" Laron asked. "They let him go home like nothing even happened. He wasn't even in trouble. They patted him on his arm and told him to leave and that everything would be okay. But it's not because what about Quincy?" Harmony asked with tears streaming down her face.

Tiana pulled her in for a hug and she gladly accepted it. "My husband and sons are still at the scene and they said there's a protest forming." Moms said. "I'm Makia, Harmony's mom." She said shaking Quincy's mother hand. "I'm Rose, Quincy's mom. I can't believe that man shot my baby like that. He deserves to be in jail. Or worse." Rose said. "And he will be. He won't get away with this." Makia said grabbing onto her hand. "When can we see him?" Harmony asked. "He's in surgery now, But we don't know how that's gonna go." Rose said.

"He gotta be alright.. He got to." Seven said.

-

"Baby what's wrong?" Aniya asked coming into the room confused. He was perfectly fine a few minutes ago. "I gotta shake!"June said. "Calm down. What happened?" She asked grabbing his face. June popped her hands off. "I don't got time to calm down." He said. "What happened?" Aniya asked. "My baby sister Harmony. The police got her fucked up they pointed a gun at her." June said. "Okay relax. I'll drive." Aniya said grabbing his hand and pulling him out the door. "It's gonna be okay but you need to be calm you can't be acting crazy when we get there. Where is she?" She said before getting into the car.