What Now? (12)

After I'd finished unpacking and decorating my room it had turned dark outside and so I decided to just sleep.

I woke up the next day at dawn. Which was weird as I normally don't wake up till mid day if left alone. It was probably due to being in an unfamiliar place. In my last life I remember having lots of trouble sleeping for the first few nights after I went somewhere new, it probably carried over into this life so it makes some sense.

As I was already up I decided to get ready. I got dressed in some exercise clothes and brushed my hair. It kind of stuck up but I tried my best, not having maids is a little inconvenient but I'll power through!

When I was finally presentable I deemed myself ready and made my way outside for a light jog. I may as well try starting a healthy habit since I'm in a new environment.

After half an hour of jogging I went back in and had a shower. Luckily they have running water. Then I dried my hair with some weak wind and fire magic like my maid taught me, it's kind of like a hairdryer. Once it was mostly dry I ran a brush through it and towel dried my body before changing into my school uniform. After I finished getting ready again I went to the kitchen and checked if anything was there so I could cook breakfast.

As I was scouring the kitchen my dorm mate decided that it was time to wake up I guess as he slumped out of his room, still in the clothes he was wearing when I saw him yesterday. His bedhead had gotten worse and he looked like he would fall asleep in a matter of moments.

"Why haven't you changed?" I asked befuddled at his current appearance.
"My maid left so I couldn't change since I got here..." He replied with a sign of slight embarrassment creeping into his voice and onto his face, dyeing it a deep shade of red.
"Wait, what!?" Was all I could say. He's like a big child.
"Huh? How did you get changed!?" The boy exclaimed in pure confusion.
"Easily, like a normal person..." was my retort. "How are you this old yet can't change your own clothes?" I inquired in utter defeat and pure bewilderment.
"I've just never needed to learn before..." The boy muttered.
"Fine! I'll help you." I announced due to my total and downright dismay with a sigh.
"Uh, but!..." The boy started before I just dragged him into his room and sat him on the bed. I found his uniform and set it out before undressing the boy and throwing him in the bath.
"Can you wash yourself or will you be needing my help with that too?" I asked exasperated.
"Um, no.... sorry..." The boy replied in a pathetic manner.
"No what?" I asked with my annoyance clearly portrayed on my face as I moved to get a shampoo bottle already knowing the outcome subconsciously, and if by some miracle he did know he'd need it anyway.
"No... I don't know how..." The boy muttered as he tried to hide underneath the bath water likely feeling ashamed that he noble of higher standing and younger age was getting him ready as he didn't know how too.

With that I simply got to work. Luckily I had experience as an older sister figure in my last life during my time at the orphanage and even after I got older I still sometimes volunteered. So I knew exactly how to deal with this big child who had become my dorm mate. I got the shampoo on my hands after I'd wet his hair gently and lathered it in I rinsed my hands separately and then proceeded to carefully rinse his hair after warning him.

"Close your eyes."

He did as I tilled him and I washed the bubbles out. I then continued to condition his hair and then rinse it before moving onto bodywash. I was a child physically and saw HIM as a small child mentally due to his incapability so there was no issues when I washed his body and rinsed him off before pulling him out. I had honestly manhandled him like a child but it's his own fault for being incompetent. After he was out of the bath I gave him a towel to dry his body and sat him on a chair as I used my, now dubbed, hairdryer magic to dry his hair is 20 minutes the bath was done and it took me another 10 to dress him in his uniform. With that done I only had to do his hair so I put a brush through it and made sure it looked presentable before throwing him his bag and leaving the room to make breakfast and pack my lunch bento. I ended up making fried toast as the kitchen was stocked. The man child was eyeing my breakfast like a seagull so I treated him like one and gave him the crusts I didn't want and a burnt slice from my first attempt. What? It was justified. I made it so why should I make more just caused an incompetent man child wants some and can't make it himself. Also there's a breakfast canteen available if he really wants something. It's not even that far away as it's on the same floor next to the elevator and stairs so he needs to pass it to get to class anyway. So yes, my actions where a hundred percent justified and I hold no guilt about it. Why should I? I already bathed and clothed the kid!

After I finished my breakfast and the big baby scoffed down what I gave him I cooked up my lunch and fed him any of the less pretty ones before packing it up and heading out with my lunch and school bag.

-------------🛀-------------

Hope you enjoyed!