Date? (45)

Bee's pov

It has been a week since I left to go back to my school after the competition and me and Malissa have been exchanging letters ever since I left. I am probably the luckiest person in the world, after all, I got the girl!

Charlie's pov

After the tournament concluded, I noticed that some of my students were beginning to change in unexpected ways. For example, the prince would often avoid eye contact and began demanding a separate changing room for physical classes. On the other hand, the heroine had gained some more confidence and was finally starting to show up to lessons on time as she gradually remembered her way around the school. All in all, it was nothing major, but the changes in my class hadn't gone unnoticed by me.

The changes aren't limited to just my class, though. I had noticed that one of my colleagues, Connor (or as the students know him, Mr Raymond), had started to cross paths with me more often.

He's actually a really nice guy, unlike what his frozen face might suggest. I started to get to know him slowly over our accidental meetings, and I can't help picturing him as a grumpy kitten whenever we chat now.

After a few weeks of unplanned meetings, I decided to ask Connor out to a Café for a chat as friends. Although a little rough around the edges, Connor was a great guy to be around. So when I saw Connor in the staff room before class today, I decided to ask him about hanging out tomorrow since it was the weekend.

"Hey, Connor! Are you free tomorrow?"
"Uh, yeah, why?"
"Great, see you tomorrow at 1 pm."

It was a speedy interaction, but it had to be because the bell, which signified the start of class, was about to ring!

The rest of the day, I didn't happen to see Connor, but it didn't really bother me because we taught different areas completely, and his classes are usually on the complete opposite side of the school. It's one of the reasons we hadn't really spoken until we started numbing into each other more in the staff room and corridors.

Suddenly, it occurred to me that I didn't tell Connor where to meet me! It would be too awkward to go over to his dorm now so I'll just pick him up tomorrow and we can head to the café together, it'll be more fun that way anyway and we'll have more time to talk!

Content with my plan of action, I soon drifted to sleep thinking over what kinds of things to discuss with my new friend tomorrow. I hadn't had a new friend properly in so long!

Connor's pov

I finally mustered the courage to approach Charlie Valentine, my coworker and crush for the last few months after the magic tournament a few weeks ago after I noticed two of his male students borrowing his office frequently and secretly dating. I had no issue with it personally, but I also didn't feel any need to get involved with a prince's love life at the moment. The only reason it gave me the confidence to start trying to shoot my shot was that Charlie must have realised their relationship but he didn't care and even lends them his office semi-regularly meaning he can't possibly be homophobic so even if he does reject me which would be upsetting he won't be overly rude about it or act disgusted at my mere presence in the future, not that I think Charlie could ever be that kind of person it's just that I tend to overthink and my brain is a scary companion at night and my thoughts begin wondering.

However, I never expected to see results from simply brushing up my presence around him so quickly! Earlier today, he suddenly invited me on a date and even said he'd pick me up! It was so sudden my heart almost left my body, and my face wouldn't calm down. Before, I'd realised it had been sent back to my dormitory to rest because my flushed face was confused for a fever. Regardless of the truth, I was thankful for the day off as it gave me time to process what was happening and also gave me a chance to figure out what the hell to wear tomorrow!

I pillaged my entire closet, and as I glanced over the graveyard of once clean clothes on the floor by my feet and considered my frightening realisation, I had nothing to wear tomorrow! Normally I'd just wear a random match of any top and bottom as they mostly matched but tomorrow was different, tomorrow was my first date with my crush of half a year, and I have to make a good impression!

Eventually, I managed to piece together an outfit I was happy with. I don't know where we're going or what we'll do, so I made sure it wasn't too fancy but not too casual, like business casual, I guess.

Does anyone actually know what business casual is meant to be. I mean, it always seems like you're either dressed to formally or too casually, I swear it's impossible to get the perfect ballance!

I'm getting sidetracked... eventually, the time we agreed to meet arrived. I was a nervous wreck! But as my mum always told me; fake it till you make it!

I put on a calm face and waited, Charlie didn't tell me where to meet him, so I can only hope he's going to pick me up. If he doesn't, I'll have to use my magic to send him a letter asking where we're meeting (but i really hope he'll come get me, its not like we live far from each other as we both live in the teachers dormitories.)

I was fiddling with the collar of my shirt for the nth time when I heard a knock on the door. I practically sprung to my feet and flew to answer it. It was Charlie!

---------‐--------‐---------------------‐-

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

I'm so sorry for not updating this recently! It's exam season for me now, and I was really struggling to come up with ideas before now (I've been writing this chapter for 4 months, and it's still kinda bad). I also kept getting sidetracked by new book ideas, although I haven't published any of them yet. I also want to make it clear, if I ever decide to drop a book I will mark the book as complete and make that clear by either adding a note to the description, title or posting a chapter saying the books dropped. Thank you for your patience and for reading what I write. You guys are the best, and I appreciate you all! 💗

Teaching at an otome academy (BL)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara