The one cousin talked about! (36)

After I had collected all the rubbish into a pile I took it in hand and got up to head to the bins kept at the sides of the canteen so I could dispose of my waste properly.

Then the bell rung out for the last class start and the students started to quickly disperse and drain out of the canteen, I decided to pop into my class as I wasn't meant to be teaching yet but I wanted to see how my students were doing before the big reintroduction I was obligated to do when my imployment was resecured.

I casually strolled down the quite corridors which were only separated from the lively students by doors which decorated the walls every now and again. Once I had arrived at the room which should hold my form class, I silently opened the door using magic. Inside was a scene reminiscent of a gang intimidated 'protection fees' from a shop owner from my last life. The class of silly students I remembered was nowhere to be seen, if they didn't all look the same, I'd be sure I was in the wrong room! The substitute was on the verge of tears as my students seemed to be on strike as they threw work across the class, and the substitute was soaked to the bone by water. There was an atrocious mess everywhere but I noticed that other than the easily cleanable mess the room was undamaged and everything was how I left it, from the words on the board or the odd way I sat my students. Aw! Even though there being rebellious idiots, they still are following my rules and aren't destroying my room... but regardless, I have to put a stop to this now and get them to clean up the room.

"What do you lot think your doing?" I Quizzed with an annoyed tone.
"MR VEE! YOU'RE BACK!" Was the reply I got from almost the entire class. Some of the students I was closer too had run over to hug me, one of which being the heroine aswell as a few girls on my self proclaimed hair team.
"What are you guys doing trashing my room?" I asked whith a tone expressing anger I had faked as I was touched by there warm welcome but I had to be responsible teacher.
"They tried to replace you..." was the response I heared, I turned to see it was the heroine who had spoken and her head was dropped like a sad puppy whilst a few other students were doing actions of a simular type.
"Who could ever replace me?" I joked to lighten the mood as I was too touched to keep pretending I was mad.
"But," I continued "you have to apologise to the supply teacher for your rude behaviour. There a person too, just like you. If you had been given a job then was treated like this just because you were doing as you were told, you wouldn't like it would you?" I said in a more serious and lecturing way, my inner adult taking the lead.
"Ok!" Was the unanimous response before the class all head over to the supply teacher and apologised before a few set to work cleaning the room up until it once again had the clean and tidy layout I had arranged before my break from teaching. I used some magic to carefully remove the water from the trembling teacher and place it into an empty bucket near the door where I stood.
"Sorry about them, there usually good kids but I guess they were upset..." I explained while I waked towards the temporary teacher to apologise, I recognised him, he was a classmate from my school years! And he recognised me too. I motioned for him to not say anything yet and invited him into the corridor to talk.

He was my roommate from before, I explained very vaguely how I had been teaching secretly for a while but was going to reveal my identity at the assembly tomorrow before I started teaching again, and how I wanted to tell my students the truth first before the assembly so they wouldn't feel as upset or betrayed... hopefully.

The conversation was kept secret by privacy magic and after a while of back and forth I managed to clear everything up before we both walked into the class again. I decided now was the best time to break the news.

"So," I started "as you guys probably know already, my name has previously been a secret along with my identity, yes?" I said slowly and calmly on the surface whilst my heart was beating crazily on the inside.
"... yeah." The class replied as I one.
"Well, I'm going to tell you who I really am now." I said with a strong conviction, making eye contact with the class. "My name is Charlie Elliot Valentine, the second son of the deceased Archduke Valentine." I finished with a confident and stable voice. The class became silent as the information k had just dumped on them began to gradually sink in.
"So the prodigy that disappeared a few years ago is..." a boy who I was decently close with, Keith, mumbled in disbelief.
"Yes, that's me." I said whith a small smile gently brushed over my lips.
"So Mr Vee is a noble only a bit older than us?" A girl from my hair team said with a shine in her eyes as she suddenly looked up at me.
"You could say that." I said with a slight laugh that seemed to make the girls face start to flush, possibly due to embarrassment.
Suddenly the prince stood up and looked me in the eyes before yelling "Your the one my older cousin used to always talk about!" A slight blush crept up my face at the mention of Steven, he was a bit strange but a nice guy. I wonder if his cousin complex for the little prince is still going strong?

----------¤----------

Hope you enjoyed!

Sorry it took awhile!