Final Preparations (25)

It doesn't matter if I get ridiculed I've decided that I am going to stock up on caffeineated tea because I have a job now and it's got a strict schedule attached to the paycheck. Sadly. Other than the lack of caffeine available for consumption without getting any rude comments thrown at you. Which is honestly incredibly stupid. Time sped by and now it's the day before the festival and it's, in a word, chaos. Well that's for the other classes. My form just put up some decorations and moved the desks to form a kind of barrier with tables.

Since it's the day before the festival all that my class has left to do is the final touches like how the girls are fighting over my wardrobe and how they want to style my hair or do my makeup, or the boys are left to stick up the poster with the times for the Q&A (since the girls are fighting). My only remaining job is to watch over the classes preparations and occasionally let the girls experiment with my hair. I set clear boundaries: no dye, no cutting and nothing which will be hard to undo without help.

Through this experience I learnt 2 very important lessons. These girls are scary when they are mad! Like, I think even as a person with memories of the modern world they scare me to the point it chills my bones sometimes with what they say, yet they don't bat an eyelash! Seriously scary! That's one of the reasons I was roped into this, the other being curiosity. Yes I know curiosity killed the cat however, as they say, satisfaction brought it back so hopefully this is satisfying enough to sate my curiosity and possibly enlighten me on what's new here.

By here I'm referring to both the school and noble society as its been a few years since I ran away and it seems nobody realised how simular my new name is to my real name from this world even though I was so famous not so long ago. Then again with the amount of gossip in the noble society after my dad stopped searching, which only took a month, it was likely forgotten pretty easily as even the people who searched the hardest gave up after half a year. I guess it was also a good thing for me.

Oh, the other very important lesson I learned is that even with the restrictions I put in place these girls are ridiculously good at doing hair like, where we these girls when I was living with my roommate whose greatest achievement was doing the shopping without being told, before we met and I had to painstakingly teach the boy how to get dressed and undressed as well as how to wash himself, his clothes, his dishes as well as other minimal and common chores as I was not doing all of the chores for me and him on my own.

With the information about the noble girls amazing skills I decided something which saves me so much time. Yes I can do my own hair, I was a girl with long hair in a life I left behind, but since these girls love doing my hair so much I'm going round let them do my hair for me for the rest of the term if they like. When I proposed this too them they were overjoyed and said yes in a heartbeat. They even drew up a schedule so that it was clear to see who would get to do my hair on what day with the condition of: if they are later or absent on that day it skips to the next due for the job who get there turn early.

I guess that saves me alot of trouble so I don't really mind, you know since it benefits me in the long run. They even said that if I wanted I could getthem to do it even on days that weren't class days since they are living on site anyway. But that honestly came as a suprise to me so I quickly declined with a very simple exuse.

That exuse was that I may just forget how to do my hair on my own if I let them do it everyday and that it would also reflect badly on me as a teacher to be that dependent on my students that I couldn't get ready on my own like a person who I once knew. On that note I wonder how that big baby is now? I think I remember him being some dukes first son or something, so he's probably doing just fine now, even if he can't dress himself well like back when we were students.

In a way, I guess I'm lucky I waited 3 years before I took the job, because if not, I may have been able to be a teacher as easily as I am able to now. Reason being that some of my classmates may have recognised me. Although I wasn't seen often, everyone seemed to know me anyway. It was probably due to one of two reasons if not both. The first being I was the only 'child' present in the school, the other was that my picture seemed to have circulated the school amongst a few other people's photos.

The only thing I guess we had in common was we were all male and we were all relatively attractive. Yes that may sound vain or overconfident but it's true! Other than that there were literally NO other similarities between us, whether age, height, interests, status, political views, grades, relationships or even race.  Nothing else was a common factor! Only being a boy and attractive. Yes, attractive not handsome, because some of us were pretty not handsome apparently. I was labeled the 'pretty boy' of the school shortly after. I'm not 100% sure why either but I have my suspicions...

~~~~~~~~~○~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed!