First Class (22)

After the headmaster said he would set up the necessary procedure and documentation he did exactly that and afterwards he gave me a hug again and asked me about my life in the past 3 years. It was nice.

When we finally finished talking it was 1:45am and my birthday. When the headmaster saw the time he said for me to go to bed and wished me a happy birthday. For the first time in 3 years I was wished a happy birthday and I almost cried. ALMOST! I didn't cry, my eyes just watered a little...

The headmaster told me he would have me teach mostly first years for my first year teaching so it would be easier to adjust to and so that if my age was found out they wouldn't complain because I'm still older than them in contrast to some of the older students who are older than me and therefore might be embarrassed if my age came to light.

I don't really care, I'm just excited to start my dream job, I'll be taking my first class tomorrow at 3rd lesson.

With all the details covered I went to sleep. In the Headmasters room as I was too lazy to move.

The next morning when I woke up the old man gave me a change of clothes that were formal looking while still comfortable. Lucky for me one of the first years form teachers had retired right before the year started leaving a class without a proper teacher. So far substitute teachers have been handling the class but now it would be my permanent form for this year.

When I got to the class I was stunned by the utter lack of discipline and care for the class room to be in the state it was when I arrived. I'd been introduced briefly to most of the teachers here that I would need to interact with and I had been told that the class were responsible, respectful and mature but the scene I saw paints a very different picture.

"Exuse me." I said calmly as I stood by the teaching desk.

All that happened was they ignored me completely.

This made me mad but I decided to be patient. For now.

"Exuse me!" I said with a slightly louder voice. It's been 5 minutes since form begun and I've been ignored for 5 minutes.

Still no response. Time for drastic measures.

I took a quick look around the class and identified the class idol. This will be easy.

I walked up to him. I was standing over him and he noticed the new shadow that enveloped his frame.

"Ponytail!" I said in a irritated tone. My patience is very limited and I'm now out of stock.
"Who are you!?" The boy turned around, angry at how I referred to him.
"Your teacher, Mr playboy." I said with increasing impatience.
"If your a teacher, show some respect and have manners!" The boy retorted with ire.
"Ha! You want ME to show YOU some RESPECT! Ha! It's a two way street boy. And I haven't received any so neither will you." I deadpaned. I'm angry at the audacity of this boy. I mat not be much older but I still am and regardless, I'm his teacher.
"Well, you haven't earned this noble self's respect. " He sneered. Yes. Sneered. I ma knock some sense into that empty little head now!
"Fine, you got a problem with me!, so let's hash it out." I said, tired of this stupidity.
"Great. Let's have a duel with magic!" He suggested with some sort of dumb pride in his voice. As he said that ad a crowd had gathered, I heard girls squealing. Guess he has half decent magic, but no one can top me.
"Deal." With that it was settled.

We headed out to the challenge field so that it was an official duel. I got access easily dye to my teaching job aswell as my high status but only the old man knows about that.

After a minute of playing with the boy I decided I'd assessed his level and was getting bored so I ended it with my first and last magic spell in the challenge arena. It was a basic wind spell. I just used it in an unusual and unfamiliar way to those of this world. It is a low grade spell but I used it to remove all the air around the boys head so he would pass out from lack of oxygen or just give up when he starts feeling suffocated.

I won. Obviously!

Everyone from the class had come to watch him fight me, and everyone from the class was stunned stupid at the results along with the method used to achieve said results. They quickly changed there attitudes once they saw my magic and they were all curious to know what I did.

Turns out the boy is a famous 'genius' supposedly the best of his age group. Honestly it's disappointing. Yeah he had strong magic at his disposal and a good range of magic types, and I know this is going to sound hypocritical, but that's not enough. He used his magic without thought due to his large mana reserves, but in the end he just waisted his mana and stamina by using exaggerated moves and magic for a supposedly easy fight which cost him the fight.

"Pathetic..." my thoughts escaped my mouth in the form of a murmur.
"Hey! That's not fair! Your a teacher, don't insult him or us just because Grey lost!" A boy from the class with good hearing yelled at me when he caught my audible thought.
*sigh* "And why shouldn't I?" I asked, done with the way this class acted like someone owed them money.
"Because... because we're still kids! Your older than us so have had longer to train your magic!" The boy replied with a smug look on his face at his 'amazing' rebuke. It would be, if I wasn't only a year older than them.

---------◆---------

Hope you enjoyed!