Brother! (29)

It was not the best idea to stay in the town for any longer than I was required to as I soon learned. The drunkard, who I could recognise from his mere footsteps was approaching me fast and cursing like a sailor. He was clearly heavily intoxicated also known as dead drunk. He was cursing me and rambling about how I got him ousted from the church and banished from nobility by the king... who is this strange drunk?

After a few minutes of mumbled screeching the man charged at me arms flailing like a rag doll as he stumbled over as if fast forwarded, it was a strange thing to witness, so much so that I forgot to move so that the big rag doll wouldn't hit me. With that being said the man barreled over to me and knocked me over with his swings impowered by his lack of arm strength aswell as gravity.

It hurt and I knew from the look in his eyes, this man wants me dead!

As I was about to make a speedy departure I was rescued from the fumbling fool by a girl who looked a few years younger than me, maybe about 16 years of age. She used a blast of water magic to knock away the violent drunk and it was secretly mixed with destruction magic in a way that would cause the man greater pain without being exposed easily.  The only reason I could tell I'd due to my experience and affinity for magic that Mag blessed me with.

Thinking about Mag made me realise, I haven't spoke with the gods in a while, guess I'll do that later, when I'm back at the school.

Whilst I was distracted with thoughts of the gods I realised that the girl had used earth magic to bind the violent man who had been trying to beat me.

"You alright?" The girl asked me.
"Uh... yeah." I said in a suprised voice, which was hoarser than I had expected from the lack of water and use previously.
"That's great! I was worried I may be too late when I came to save you..." The girl said, although the second half of her sentence was mumbled and muttered.

The girl had dark green hair with blue highlights, an orange tint to her tan skin, heterchromic eyes with one being a dark red and the other a lighter red. She stood at an above average hight but she wasn't tall enough to be called tall. Her face was heart shaped and her eyes were large enough to give her a childlike charm.

I knew she had water and destruction magic because I'd seen her use them, with this I knew she also had fire and earth for sure but I felt like that wasn't all...

When I gave the girl a second glance I noticed that she seemed to wear the colours of her affinity in her appearance even her eyes... in this world there is no way to change your eye color by choice unless you weald light magic at a master level, but this girl seems far to young to have a mastery over light magic and her attitude is strange. Based on what I have gathered there is a large chance this guy also has the lava affinity, meaning she's a great talent, but what she said earlier unnerves me. What did she mean she worried she was too late?

I decided to put my thoughts to bed when I realised I had just been staring at the girl whilst she offered me her hand to help me stand.

"Do I know you...?" I asked in hesitance after getting up when I noticed the girl seemed to be following me.
"No, but I know you." The girl replied casually as she continued to skip a long, not having missed a beat.
"I feel I should be concerned..." I muttered out only to be caught off guard when the girl quickly piped up in a loud voice,
"No need to worry, I was sent by a 'friend'." the first assured.
"What friend...?" I asked with reluctance.
"Oh just a few loving gays we both happen to know." The girl giggled.
"Wait... do you mean!" I started but was cut off.
"Yep!" The girl said happily popping the 'p'.
"My names Elle by the way!" She continued before swiftly stopping and turning to face me.
"Gods can't directly interfere with mortals, but~ there's no rules against indirect interference!" Elle cheerfully explained without prompt.
"Uh, thanks..." I said sounding more bashful than I realised myself. My face had grown hot from embarrassment before I had realised, a girl younger than me had to save me...

When I eventually arrived back at school after being escorted to the gate by Elle, I decided to immediately go complain then go and pray, to say my thanks.

What I never expected however was that 5 minutes after I got back to the school I was being dragged off by some men in suits who had tranquilised me.

I found myself in an old classroom when I woke up, it was one not used frequently anymore but was still decently maintained so it was clean and easy to tell I was still on school property, thankfully.

I looked around and realised I wasn't restrained at all, mere seconds later I heard muffled yelling in a familiar voice approaching aswell as footsteps that eagerly drew closer by the second. Then, the door opened. Standing tall and dignified in the doorway was I face I hadn't seen in years...

It was my older brother!

"Charlie!" My brother called out in concern when he met my gaze, as he approached me with hurried strides.

I didn't know if I was found out by my brother or only unlucky as my fake name was also Charlie so I remained silent, acknowledging him with a slight nod of my head.

"What?" I asked.

----------☆----------

Hope you enjoyed!