Royal audience (38)

Charlie's pov

It's been two days since the assembly now, and I can't keep avoiding the kings royal summons or it will cause a problem and I may even loose my job... so I decided to gather my courage and scrounge up some confidence before setting off for the palace. I haven't got work today as the school is shut for the day, I won't have much time after this as its mid way through the year.

When I saw the palace it was just as big and shiny as I expected, it was identical to the background scene which was present for most of the prince's rought in the game. It was mainly in a white and gold colour scheme with platinum and blue accents scattered around.

The most beautiful scenery in my opinion is the royal blue flower garden, I remember it vividly due to a secret scene from the game. It was a scene I unlocked from pure luck as I had no clue about it until I was already watching the dazzling cut scene. It was a suggestive scene consisting of the prince laying among the various royal blue flowers and their emerald green frames before the prince is insulted repeatedly by the heroine as she pins the flushed prince down, the scene ends as the heroine and prince begin an unusual argument where the heroine doesn't pull her punches yet the prince becomes more misty eyed with every sharp word before it finally fades to black as the silhouette of the heroine appears to bite the prince... a very unusual scene but one of my favourites among the secret scenes which allowed the player more insight into the characters than the surface level game play normally available to them when pursuing the capture targets traditionally.

As the memory of that scene charged into my mind whilst I walked I felt uncomfortable, embarrassed and flustered all at the same time. The fact the prince is now my student was the source of my uncomfortable feeling whilst I was embarrassed by how dirty my thoughts were and how my face flushed at the memory.

Mental note, don't fight the prince, because les majesty (obviously?) But also if that scene tells me anything it's that the results could be... controversial? Uncomfortable?

Regardless, avoiding it is the best plan of action as of currently. Avoiding tour problems solves your problems!

After being dazed for a longer period that I probably should have been, I quickly started with a light jog in order to make up for lost time and to insure I wasn't late to my audience, in any case even if I didn't want to go, I also don't want to great chance at his place again this early! I think him making the house visit is a much more preferable corse of action at this point in time.

Walking at the slightly hurried pace in order to maintain etiquette whilst ensuring I don't miss my appointment and any a man who, quite literally, can control my life or death on a whim. Yep! I'll be trying my best to avoid that for sure!

After a little while longer walking down the corridors according to the path a servant specified for me, I successfully arrived outside the main hall where my interig... I mean audience was scheduled!

With the relief born of being on time and my life not being in danger due to badly timed daydreams, as the saying goes 'dreams are for the sleeping', at least I think it does?

I can feel a palpable pressure that pressed down on me even from behind the ancient dark oak double door towered over me while the carved stone frame cast a shadow over my eyes. The door has intricate carvings etched into the otherwise flat and plain surface which serves its intended purpose well and without issue.

The pressure wasn't hostile to me but more so a warning to not overstep my bounds and behave disrespectfully towards the king, who rules over the country I call home. In this life atleast, not so much for the last...

Immediately after I had caught myself about to drift into a dazed state whilst reminiscing of a life that is gone and done for, the impressive art that separated myself and the kind was pulled forwards, revealing the grand hall and its owner, the king who sat upon a throne that resides a top a raised platform as a clear indication of status and level, I guess.

Nobles have always been a strange group in my eyes, maybe due to my remaining inside into life that I have due to the one I lived before my current one, as nobles view themselves as above all but their rulers and gods. Seriously? Your all just people! Who happened to give birth to you and raise you don't affect your worth at all, unless that means you were born with skin of litteral gold or eyes made of actual gems as in those cases you could be vued as of more value. Yet that's only because people would want the rare minerals that make up your body as greed is an incurable disease that plagues humanity across time, countries and even dimensions.

Ah! I was rambling in my head again and spacing out! In front of the king!!! I'm going to die. Goodbye world, see you around next time I guess...

Chance, I guess I'll be making the trip this time, because if the king doesn't kill me for disrespect I'll kill myself out of pure shame!

A certain royal's pov

I was a little suprised when I saw sir stood as if frozen when the doors to the hall where opened, his face was unresponsive with a far off look in his eyes for a multitude of minutes before his eyes suddenly cleared, coming into focus, and a look of dread instantly painted his pailing face. I could tell from his face, he's panicking.

----------!----------

Hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for your patience!