Don't I get a say? (24)

《Warning!》
《Mentions of mature themes》
(VERY light)

It's been a few months now and I somehow managed to sort the situation out. The excuse is that I met the headmaster during the magic affinity check when I was little and that my unique use of magic was good so he sent me homework of sorts and that I studied that at home, so a mix of homeschooling and private tutoring. It was a little difficult to convince people at first but eventually as time passed people got bored as new rumors made themselves known and my matter was forgotten as 'old news', hurt my feelings a little but whatever, it was good in the long run anyway.

I haven't seen that boy from the garden since, but I've heard rumors about a supposed angel or ghost lurking in the school so my thoughts are that it's probably him. Who else would it be if it wasn't that Mr mystery. It appears that wverytime someone finds the boy he moves spots and that means even if it's only a for a second out of the corner of someone's eye he won't be there the next time you go to look for him, although he doesn't hide his tracks well so if you really wanted it's easy enough to find him.

Other than mystery boy playing ghost and the school forgetting my drama, there's a school festival coming up. I'm mad that this only became a thing after I graduated but at least as a teacher I have more power in the decision making and there's conveniently a bonus for the class teacher who's class/ students raise the most benefits for the school. Yes benefits, not money. Apparently some people will propose benefits like donating buildings, resources, personnel or plain money. There are other things too but these are the most common options.

Although the bonus is tempting I'm more inclined to just have fun when the festival starts so I decided that that's what I'd tell the class when the announcement was made, that this would just be for fun. I guess my reaction was weird to my students, some joked that I was more excited than the students themselves and without any embarrassment I agreed that was likely the case. I won't lie, I'm pumped!

"So what are we going to do?" I asked the class during morning form, since there's 2.
"Magic competition!"
"Beauty pageant!"
"Art show room!"
"Singing performance!"
"Ballet recital!"
"Petting zoo!"
"Cafe!"
"Q&A for teacher!"

When the Q&A idea was yelled it caught traction fast and soon it seemed that it was set in stone and the majority of the class were dead set on this.

"Don't I get a say?" I asked making an exaggerated upset face.
"Nope!" Was the classes immediate response.
"No mercy!" I yelled with another exaggerated expression.

The class just all broke out into laughter as it became well known that I was a 'cool teacher' as my students say. Due to my young age I also got quite a few confessions. It was flattering but deep down I knew that I would only ever like males as my female mind is straight and in control. Although I guess that means I'm actually not straight... nevermind!

...

Wait... if I'm a guy how am I going to stop myself from dieing a virgin! Again!

I still think like before, but that doesn't mean I want to bottom, does it? Wait no! I heard it hurts, BAD! I hate pain. I can't do that, but I don't know if I could top either... it would be so embarrassing!

But bottoming would also probably be embarrassing... AHH! WHAY AM I EVEN THINKING ABOUT THIS! I don't even have a boyfriend yet!

...

Yet?

What am I thinking about at work!? And my job is a teacher! It must be hormones! I am around the age that starts becoming a problem, aren't I?

Ugh! Why is this acting up, it wasn't this bad in my last life? Is it because I'm a boy? Or magic? I don't know but I don't want to care. I am just going to ignore it! It's better for everyone that way, and even if it's not its better for me.

...

After my... awkward... internal monologue or maybe interrogation is more accurate? Regardless! After! I slowly became swamped with so much extra work that I didn't have any time for... such... thoughts. It was decided rather unanimously that the class would hold a Q&A for me and to make it less obvious they also chose a few others like Ponytail to participate aswell. Ponytail's name is Jacob Cash Grey. He's heir to the Grey family which happens to be a Count family, otherwise known as Earls. When I heard they run a tea merchant guild and were elevated to nobility due to there tea business I almost doubled over in laughter and the only thought in my head was how good the kings hurmor was even if it was unintentional, which I personally doubt but is likely as Earl Grey tea doesn't exist here. But you never know, the king could be like me and know secretly. It's unlikely in reality but in my head it's definitely true, although the only thing the king knows is about Earl Grey tea. Otherwise the kingdom should be in a better state. Thinking of tea, I'm really annoyed!

For some reason in this world, there's only 2 types of tea and 1 type of coffee. And to make matters worse if you drink sertain teas or coffee you get given rude names without any real basis. I like tea more than coffee, and sometimes you need a little caffeine to stay awake or work, but here if you drink caffeineated tea your called uneducated, barbaric, unrefined and even crude! Whilst drinking coffee is viewed as even worse as your drinking 'water the colour of mud' and other awful names. I don't really like coffee but when your only option is decaffeinated tea you start getting annoyed.

~~~~~~~~~¤~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed!