Future Charlie Dont Hate Me! (23)

Sorry old man, guess I'm letting a cat out of my own bag.

"Good point, good point. However 1 year isn't that much older, is it?" I asked, a playful smirk adorning my face as I laughed lightly.
"A year isn't that much but why are you?..." realisation dawned on his face and then disbelief as he gwalked at me.

Those of the class who had heared our conversation were a bit slower realising what I meant and the few who weren't paying attention were confused at the sudden silence apart from my low chuckling.

"No! You can't be!" The boy said accusingly, waving a pointed finger at me.
"It's rude to point." I said with a blunt and firm voice, contrasting my earlier laugh greatly.
"But... but... it can't be..." The boy blabbered incoherently.
"Yes, I'm 17." I said with a bored expression. The entire class was silenced by the confirmation for those who had guessed and the unexpected news for those who hadn't.

At that moment Mr Ponytail decided to wake up. He almost passed out again but this time due to shock.

"How!" Was yelled at me by a feminine sounding voice whom I couldn't identify the owner of.
"Skill, luck and connections. " was my reply. "And no, it wasn't bribery or anything like that before you assume." I added so the old man wouldn't have his reputation affected by nonsence.

"..." silence was slowly climbing over the arena. We were the only people here, so only we knew what I had told them about my age.

"Ugh... are we good now, have I 'proven my skill' or whatever you were trying to do here I asked feeling awkward due to the stifling silence and boredom battling my conscious.
"Uhh. Yeah..." was the classes respective response, if I was to some it up.
"Great! Time for you all to head to your forth lesson, since third lesson just ended." I said before walking off.

I don't know why the form was held twice but whatever.

I didn't have any other lessons so I just walked around the campus, thinking about when I went here, before I ran away.

As I was leisurely strolling along I saw a familiar gate, but it was open. "That's not normal." I muttered before heading inside the secret garden. A trail of disturbed nature made finding the wanderer easier than it would have been otherwise.

It was a boy who looked my age. He had dark hair that shifted between black and purple under the filtered light which fell through the trees leaves and his eyes appeared to glow as there light, almost white colour contrasted his hair greatly. The only skin visible was that on his face and it was pale but not quite sickly looking. He wore the school uniform messily and was laying amongst the flora. He appeared mischievous and ethereal, which is ironic as I know he's not of the heavens as I talk to the gods often enough to know this boy is not amongst there ranks.

He glanced in my direction after I'd studied him for a while.

"You gonna continue lurking, or you going to come out?" He asked, I was slightly surprised but remembered that I'd forgotten to conceal my presence so it makes sense he noticed me.
"Yeah, just not used to others coming here." I said as I took a seat on a low tree branch that was only half a meter from the ground.

When the boy saw me he seemed surprised. But why?

"Do I know you?" I asked without thought.
"No, but I know you." The boy said.
"Creepy... but ok."
"Oh, I just meant I recognised you from earlier. I saw you coming out of the Headmasters office, that's all." The boy clarified.
"Oh, ok, but that doesn't mean you know me, you don't even know my name..." I said with slight caution
"Uh, okay I guess..." He said sighing in defeat.

With that I noticed the time and gotnup because I promised I would go report to the old man about my first class and it was almost time.

*sigh*

...

"Old man!" I yelled with scorn in my tone, unhiden.
"Don't call me that!" He yelled back with a angry red creeping up his neck.
"I will call you that as long as you act as an old fool like now!" I yelled back.

The old fool had messed up and said something that almost blew my cover when he was talking to an old teacher who happened to teach me when I was a student. But the thing is I'm the only early graduate on this school in years and my students have spread the news about my unexpected age, so if it gets out that I'm a graduate of this school in particular, my covers blown!

"Stupid old man! Are you trying to get me caught!?" I asked exasperatedly.
"No your the stupid one brat! How could you go around telling your students your age in the first lesson you've taught here!? It was meant to be a secret!" He yelled back frustrated with me.
"It's my secrets so I can tell them, not yours!" I said sighing in defeat as I flopped onto the fluffy chair he had in his office. I grabbed one of the decorative pillows and held it to my chest as I hugged my knees, in a ball like position. What? Its comfortable!

I eventually calmed down after a while of sitting in a ball and I decided that what was done is done and if I'm found out its an issue I'll deal with then.

Good luck future Charlie! I'm leaving this problem to you! Don't be too mad at me?

After I'd finished my internal monologue I realised it had already turned dark. I have a dorm as a teacher and its nearby so I decided to make the treck to my dorm before I dozed off or collapsed.

---------♧---------

Hope you enjoyed!

Pictures are from Google!