Mr Raymond (48)

Charlie's pov

I realised something as I was studying Connor's room, I don't have Ny clean clothes here.

"Can I borrow some clothes?" I asked scratching my cheek gently in embarrassment.
"Its 7:30am and of course you can!" Connor answered both my queries at once springing up happily at something I'd said.
"Thanks," I whispered with a red face as

Connor dug through his draws before passing me a slightly oversized white button up, some black slacks that I had to cuff and a hair clip which I didn't notice until I felt Connor placing something by my ear.

"What was that?" I asked turning my head to face him again as I changed from yesterday's shirt into Connors shirt.
"Just a small gift," he'd replied lightly with his characteristicly cold face that hid his naive personality.

I decided to not question it as I finished changing into the clean outfit my boyfriend had so kindly lent me. A small part of myself was happy at the thought of wearing my boyfriends shirt. Its a simple part of a relationship I'd always envied in my last life and in this life it means my wardrobe will double in size!

Although reluctant I soon left giving my boyfriend one last peck before returning to my dorm. I felt a hint of embarrassment at the idea that I might be caught having spent the night in connors room by a fellow teacher.

You might assume that teachers who are so old, especially the male ones, wouldn't be interested in gossip but I knew better than that. It's as if they'd been infected with a love of gossip by the students they taught. Mr Jykle who lived in the dorm two doors down from mine had taken his love for gossip to a new level, he reminded me of Litisea with his level of awareness of all gossip aswell as his love for sharing the juicy secrets he learned with anyone willing to listen. As such I was on edge, with Mr Jykle's keen eye for detail as an art teacher I knew he'd recognise that the clothes I wore weren't my own if he saw them but I also knew I couldn't rush or I'd become even more suspicious to everyone else.

I was almost safe as I placed one foot into the doorway of my dorm when my greatest fears were realised. OK, that was a little overdramatic.

"Hello Charlie!" The chipper old man called out to me as he hobbled down the passageway leaning on his old oak cane.
"Hello Mr Jykle," I replied like usual trying to act natural in an attempt to avoid attracting his attention more than necessary.
"Come on boy, you know I've said to just call me John time and time again since uou started working here!" Mr Jykle laughed, squinting his dull blue eyes into crescents that were surrounded by caves and valleys that told feint tales of a happy man's life.
"And you know I won't, just because your not teaching me anymore, doesn't mean I no longer hold the same respect for you that I once did," I rebutted in the same way I always did when Mr Jykle tried to insist I refer to him by his first name.
"Fine, have it you're way!" The old man huffed throwing his arms up in an exadurated feigned anger.
"I will," I answered with a teasing grin as I stuck out my tongue and ducked into my room cheekily only to hear Mr Jykle laughing merrily on the other side of the door.

Safe!

I collapsed into a pile on my couch from exhaustion as I slowly let my mind relax and I allowed myself to unwind.

I pulled my shirt off and hugged it thinking about my boyfriend momentarily before hanging it in my closet and putting a different shirt of my own on.

Finally content I switched to clean underwear before slipping the borrowed trousers pack on, they were comfortable and looked fine. Checking on myself in the mirror I realised that Connor had placed a hair clip in the shape of a daisy above my ear. It contrasted my otherwise formal outfit and highlighted my youthfulness. Although the professional part of myself wanted to remove it before heading out all the other parts disagreed and so the clip remained in place. What I hadn't realised was that I wasn't safe earlier. Mr Jykle had realised that I was wearing another man's clothes as son as he saw me and the clip that didn't fir mu usual aesthetics tipped him off that I'd clearly been with a partner, the only thing he hadn't figured out, yet, was who I was with.

I only found this out when I headed to class to teach on Monday wearing the pin on my blazer pocket subtly and my form class decided to tease me in order to try and identify who my new boyfriend was (because Mr Jykle the gossip detective had realised my partner must be male due to them being able to suply me with clothes.)

I eventually gave up under the insecent pestering of my students with permission from Connor, of course.

"I'm dating Mr Raymond," I explained with a defeated tone slumped exaduratedly over my desk.
"Mr Raymond!?" Called out a few different voices all carrying the same tone of disbelief.

I couldn't help laughing a little as I say their stunned faces.

"The same Mr Raymond that everyone calls Mr iceberg?" The heroine popped out of seemingly nowhere as she asked hoping I'd clarify that it was a different Mr Raymond.
"Yep, that exact one," I said teasing the girl having finally recovered my energy.
"How could that be?" Kyle, Archduke Winter's son, asked piping up before continuing as if clarifying his confusion, "Your total opposites!"

I sighed at his naivity before responding, "He's sweet and treats me well and we noth like each other, so why shouldn't we date?

------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!