Bee Thomas (44)

Bee's pov

I had gone to represent the school alongside 4 of my classmates in a magic tournament and although we'd only been there for 20 minutes I've already seen too much. I walked in on 2 boys when I went to look for the teacher responsible for supervising us and I have come to a conclusion on a matter I didn't realise I was unsure about until I did.

I realised I'm a lesbian and sex is disgusting.

Luckily the teacher had shown up when I returned so I didn't need to wonder anymore in a hopeless search.

We exchanged a quick greeting and I subtly brought up what I had seen in his office but the poor man knew nothing. I dropped the subject and he soon after explained the tournament's settings and rules to us easily and understandably.

The day then passed in a flash and before I knew it it was the day of the first round and I was feeling excited to let loose a little. I have plant magic and the precursors to plant magic as well, duh. I normally only get to grow small flowers or a little grass but today I get to experiment!

I strolled onto the platform when they called my name only to be utterly stunned by the beauty before me. She was my opponent, Melissa, and she was gorgeous. I felt my heart quicken for a second but then I calmed myself down, the adrenalin that accompanied me in this dual was stronger than any low-level attraction, that was at most face level.

The momentary state of being dazzled was rapidly dispelled as the referee called out for the match to begin and I began to let my magic fly. I used my plant magic to grow vines that held her in place then used cacti to attack her. She avoided my attack and countered with a wave of fire magic that bellowed in the same beautiful shade as her flowing locks. I was frozen by the unusual thought for a few seconds and it allowed her flames to burn away my magic. I managed to just avoid being hit directly but my magic power had taken a hit from the last attack as the destruction of my plants cost me even more mana than summoning them had.

In the next moment as I was catching my breath a wave of hot air flew at me, combining wind magic with the already burning heat from the flames conjured a little while ago. The air caught me off guard and I retreated once more by instinct, like this a barrage of attacks was launched at me before I could even consider a plan of counteraction, and like that the match was over and I had lost.

Melissa is impressive and beautiful, I respect that so I shook hands and accepted my loss with grace.

"That was pretty well done," I said with a grin before continuing, "why don't we be friends, I think we would get on well," I concluded with a light tilt of my head as I asked my question.
"Sure, you were pretty hot yourself." She said with a stunning smile. Pretty people could get away with murder I swear.

And just like that, we became friends. Only I realised that the thoughts that entered my mind at our first meeting were romantically inclined on the day of my scheduled departure to return to my school.

I'll confess anyway, this way if I get rejected I'll probably never have to face her again and be burdened with the shame of the rejection.

"Will you go out with me?" I asked with an awkward look when we met up for the possibly last time, her reply however caught me off guard as it was instantaneous with my question and was a question of its own.

Mellisa's pov

It was the day of the tournament and I was feeling bored but also annoyed so I was looking forward to blowing off some steam through these fights.

Then I saw my opponent and was a little stupified as she was stunning.

Regardless I was pulled from my mini monologue which consisted of many descriptions of her features in my eyes as a set of vines flew at me from the ground in an attempt to bind me in place as if I would just let that happen!

I was a little upset that she didn't hesitate in attacking me so I refused to do so now. I sent wave after wave of various fire and wind attacks as they are my speciality. The match ended with my win shortly after my string of continuous attacks concluded as they had stepped outside of the specified area for the dual.

She was cool about the whole situation and we became friends soon after that. I only wished that we could be closer than that. It wasn't really a surprise when I realised I liked her as in like like but it was a surprise that I only realised the day of her departure from the school to go back to her own school. It was a bit upsetting that we weren't able to be together for longer so I decided to just risk it and ask her out.

It was funny when I did because I got my answer the same second as I asked in the form of a question. It was a yes.

We only seemed to realise we were a couple when we started to exchange letters the days following her leave of the school. I guess I have a girlfriend now?

Bee's pov

She said yes!

I have a girlfriend now! And she was the final winner of the tournament which proves how awesome she is. Of course, I knew even without her win that she was an amazing girl and that's why I fell for her, clearly!

I'm a very happy camper now even though I lost because I won an even better prize as a result.

----------∆----------

Hope you enjoyed!