Chapter 30: Knight In Shining Armor

It turns out that wherever Julia is taking me was a club. And of course she didn't approve of my outfit and apparently knew she wasn't going to approve and brought me one of her dresses.

"Live a little." Julia says as she applies dark red lipstick.

"You mean literally right? Because little is a kind word for this dress." I look at myself reluctantly in the mirror. "It clings to my stomach..."

Julia groans loudly. "Teagan, you don't have a stomach for it to cling to."

It was a vibrant shade of pink and proved to be very short length wise and a very low v-neck. "My boobs are practically pouring out. I look like a stripper."

Julia crosses her arms. "You do not look like a stripper. That dress cost a lot of money you know, it's designer."

I give her a bored look. "So that makes it okay?"

"Do you want a sweater?" Julia means to ask me sarcastically and mockingly, but I pretend not to notice.

"Yes actually. That would be great." I nod and she groans again. "Fine. Whatever."

I walk over to my closet and pull out a long sweater. Julia plucks up her small bag and smooths out her short black dress. When I go to grab my bag she stops me.

"Do you not have a shorter sweater that goes with that?"

I sigh loudly and run a hand through my hair. "Julia, why do you dress like this? You don't need to. You're very beautiful." I frown. "Girls who... Dress like this are normally looking for attention. I'm not trying to put them down or anything and girls have a right to wear whatever they want-"

Her cheeks grow pink. "I can wear whatever I want."

"I'm not saying you can't." I frown. "But this isn't me. And I don't think this is you either."

She gives me a confused look when I walk over to my closet. I find a pretty floral dress that's loose around the bottom hitting mid-thigh and a little tighter around the top. "You would look great in this."

Julia pulls down her short dress. "I'm good thanks."

"Just try it on." I urge her. "Come on. For me." I flash her an over the top smile and she finally complies.

"Ugh, fine." She rolls her eyes as she plucks the dress out of my hands. After a couple of minutes in the bathroom she walks out.

I smile and cross my arms. You didn't need to practically be naked for a guy to notice you. And if he doesn't in the first place he didn't deserve your time. At least, that's what my mom told me. "You still look hot, Julia. What did I say?"

Julia doesn't seem to want to admit she looks good in something that covers up more skin and she snickers. "Yeah, whatever."

"So you'll wear it, then?" I ask with a hopeful smile.

She shrugs carelessly. "Yeah sure. You'll probably bother me all night about it anyway."

Unfortunately, that was the only dress I had that even resembled a party dress. So I had no choice but to stick with the long white camisole and change into flats instead of heels.

A ding sounds from Julia's phone and she throws her small bag over her shoulder. "Time to go. They are already there."

****

The car ride wasn't too bad. It actually wasn't bad at all. I was surprised how easy Julia and I could talk to each other. You would think a half hour car ride would be filled with awkward silence but we actually didn't even have one case of it. It was hard to remember why Erin and I never got along with her in the first place.