Chapter 16: Dress To Impress

Theo and Julia came with me into the mall and the first store Julia took me in wasn't all that much of a surprise. I would never be able to afford any of this.

"Julia, this is too expensive for me." I say.

It's not like I was poor or anything. I was actually all set for college and despite Julia's taste, my house was nice. But I also wasn't filthy rich.

"It's fine, I'll buy it for you." Theo says like it's obvious.

"Absolutely not." I glare at him. "We had this discussion before-"

"Teagan!" Theo argues. "You have to look nice. This is a big event, stars will be there as well as very powerful people. You can't attend looking like your outfit cost you only a hundred dollars."

I sigh. "Whatever. But I'll pay you back for it."

Theo groans. "Yeah okay, now Julia go help her. I know nothing about this stuff. I'll be outside and don't take forever."

"Blah, blah, blah." Julia waves him off. She takes my arm and drags me away. "Come on, you're going to need a lot of work."

"Well thanks," I mutter as she searches through the store.

After ten minutes of watching her pick outfit after outfit, she shoves it all into my arms. "Let's go try these on, we don't have much time."

****

Julia was wearing a short white dress with a aqua blue necklace. I wasn't surprised she looked so gorgeous, especially with her dark eye makeup. Me? I couldn't pull that off. I'd look like I was trying too hard. Like I did now.

Julia used Theo's credit card to pay for the dress I was already wearing. Julia did my makeup in that section of the store. I felt uncomfortable, because I didn't look like myself at all. The dress was short and I stopped mid-thigh with a low cut front. It was black lace over a nude color backing under it. Julia left my hair down because she couldn't really do anything to it, but I was glad because I could pretend I could hide behind it. Another thing? Heels were not my thing, so I spent ten minutes arguing with Julia about not wearing them. After not getting anywhere with that argument, we both agreed on heels, but not freaking twelve inches. White two inch heels was as high as I was going.

"Perfect," She hands me the receipt and I stuff it in my bag and dread when I get home later tonight and see how much I owe.

Julia and I exit the store and look for Theo, who is sitting on a couch in the mall. I didn't really notice how nice he looked tonight. I had to admit he looked pretty hot, but I wasn't ever oblivious to this fact.

"Theo!" Julia says. "We're ready, let's go."

Theo glances up and midway rolling his eyes they stop at me. I felt really uncomfortable with him staring at me like that, because I knew exactly what that look was.

"Don't make fun of me." I say to him and he glances up to meet my eyes. "Trust me Teagan, I'm not making fun of you."

I briskly walk past them and pull on my sweatshirt. I really hope I didn't have to deal with this all night.

"Ready for Plan C, ladies?"

****
I have never been in a private jet before if you can believe that. You would think it felt the same as a normal plane, but it really wasn't. It was as if you weren't in a plane at all, just in someone's apartment.

I had to admit it felt pretty cool to land in a private jet, then hop right into a limo after you exit the plane. It was almost unbelievable.

Time went by fast when we finally arrived at the club. People were swarming the front doors while celebrities I recognized were taking pictures with each other.