Chapter 23: Final Finale

"What the hell are you talking about?" Theo asks and I was surprised to notice he still kept me close.

"Come on," Julia motions for us to follow her as she walks toward the exit.

I glance up at Theo with a confused look, but he only shrugs and begins to follow Julia.

She brings us into the lobby and slips her mask off. I do the same, and so does Theo.

"I found out more than just Oliver's whereabouts with Erin." Julia says. "So apparently, tonight is a big night for him and a couple other people. He's planning on meeting Julian Slater," I feel Theo tense beside me. Julia then glances over at me. "Alec's father."

"Why would he want to be doing that?" I ask.

"Because Julian owns my father's other company." Theo responds bitterly. "He left the company to him in his will, just like he left Bartholomew Hotels to Oliver."

Wow. His father had two companies and didn't even leave the other one to his other son. It's not like Theo acted irresponsibly. When he's determined, he gets the job done. I would know because I've seen it.

"Why would they be meeting?" I ask Julia again.

She shrugs. "I don't know. All I know is that Oliver is bringing Erin with him. I bet we can get a killer last piece of evidence from this little meet up."

"When and where is it happening?" Theo asks, his voice is full of determination.

"Midnight. Which means we have two hours to get everything together. They are meeting at a store house for BMW."

"That's like twenty minutes away from here." Theo says. "We have to leave now?"

"We need to get easier clothing to sneak around in, moron." Julia rolls her eyes. "And I doubt we can use the crappy recording app on our phones to get information clearly. But that's okay, because I'm going to get my friend to take a ride over here and drop off some equipment."

Theo raises an eyebrow. "You really thought about this, haven't you?"

"Listen." Julia says. "Prom is next week, and I want that money to buy my own place. I don't like living with my mom and her living breathing bank account anymore. The faster we get this done, the better it is for me."

"Noted." He nods. "Well ladies," Theo says, "Let's get going,"

****

Julia and I shop at yet another drugstore for clothing. It seemed like she's gotten used to this, because she knew right where to go to find us t-shirts and jeans. We met back with Theo after we changed and I folded my dress and put it in a giant bag I also bought at the drugstore.

"Where are we leaving this stuff?" Julia asks, her dress hanging over her shoulder.

"In the limo." Theo says. "Where is that equipment you were talking about, Julia?"

Just like it was summoned, a car pulls up into the parking lot next to us

"This is super sketchy." I say and Julia waves us off. "Relax."

She approaches the car and I hold my breath. She talks to the guy from the window, and after a couple minutes she heads to the trunk and pulls out a small black duffel bag.

Once she closes the trunk, the car pulls out of the lot and she waves as it drives away.

"Don't give me that look," she glances over at me. "That was one hundred percent safe, but thanks for caring I guess."