Chapter 4: Slytherin vs. Gryffindor

Your quidditch game rolls around, and it doesn't really go super great. It ends better than it could've, at least...

~~~

The rest of the week flew by. Arlie begrudgingly agreed to let you play, but only after the rest of the team agreed to extend all the practices before the game by an hour.

The day of the game finally arrived, and you hurried to pull on your Slytherin Quidditch robes, gathering your bearings in the tent before you got to the field.

Grabbing your broom, you turned quickly, bumping hard into none other than Draco.

"Get out to the field, Malfoy," you jeered, although you wore a smile. "Gryffindor isn't going to beat themselves."

Draco rolled his eyes, pulling on his helmet. "Maybe watch where you're going in the meantime," he growled.

You stopped, a bit surprised by his anger. He was usually tolerable on game days, due to his excitement at getting to play overwhelming his hatred for you.

"You were the one in my way," you snapped back. "You should've already been good to go."

Draco opened his mouth to respond, but Arlie poked his head into the tent before he could.

"If your lovers' spat is quite finished, we could use you on the field," he snipped, clearly irritated.

You refused to look at Draco again, instead muttering a quick apology to Arlie and following him out to the Quidditch field.

You made it out with just enough time to climb on your broom and take to the skies, watching as the Beaters, Quaffle, and Snitch were released.

Your keen eyes caught the Gryffindor Seeker, none other than Harry Potter, zooming across the field as the other Gryffindor's in the stands cheered him on. The glint of the golden Snitch caught your eye as he did so, and you kicked your feet up to fly after it.

You dodged two Beaters on your way, hearing the announcer call out a goal for Slytherin.

You were now 10 to 0 against Gryffindor, but their players were very obviously going hard on the offensive.

Your goalie expertly batted the Quaffle away from the Slytherin hoops twice, and Silver managed to grab it, running it all the way across the field to score yet another goal for Slytherin.

Although you had been momentarily distracted by your team's absolute domination of the Quidditch field, your quick eyes once again caught the Snitch, and you rapidly dove to grab it.

You heard what you thought was Harry on your tail, so you attempted a barrel roll to shake him off on your way down towards the Snitch.

The golden ball zipped up again, its tiny wings moving impossibly fast. You soared up after it, reaching out a hand to grab it, and realizing a second too late that it wasn't Harry that was after you—it was a Bludger.

The Bludger slammed into you before you had time to react, and since you already only had one hand on your broom, you lost your grip and tumbled off your broom, towards the ground below.

You shrieked in horror as the wind rushed past your ears in a high-pitched scream, and you closed your eyes tightly as you braced yourself for the impact.

Instead, you felt something slam into your side, and you felt an arm wrapping around your middle and pulling you in tightly.

You grabbed onto whatever you could find, keeping your eyes closed as you begged whoever had grabbed you to take you down to the ground.