Chapter 11: Personal Problems

You rush off to find Draco, angry with him for trying to ruin your budding relationship with Cedric . Then comes Monday, he's absent from everything.. 

CW: mentions of physical & emotional abuse. Y/n talks about being abused by an ex in these ways.

~~~

The Common Room was empty when you burst back into it, but that didn't discourage you. You had exactly four places to look for the boy you wanted to find, and there was no doubt in your mind that he was absolutely in one of those places.

With the Common Room crossed off your list, you stomped up the stairs to the boys' dormitory, your irritation growing with every step.

You tried the knob on Draco's door, and surprisingly, it opened without problem.

Walking into the room, you saw that it, too, was empty. Groaning in annoyance, you slammed the door shut on your way out.

You quickened your pace to get to the Astronomy Tower, cursing the white-blond male with every step you took.

Ascending the stairs, you noted the silence beyond your footsteps, drawing your own conclusion that he wasn't there, either.

And you were right.

This meant he was in the last place you'd expected him to be. Sure, you'd put it on the list, but it was the last option for a reason.

You sneaked out of the castle, lighting your wand with a whispered "Lumos!"

You vaulted over the branch this time, your adrenaline pumping too quickly for you to register exactly what you were doing.

Dispersing the illusion spell once more, you ducked into the hollow tree trunk to meet eyes with exactly the person you wanted to throttle.

"Y/N," Draco breathed, sitting up from his position lying down as you took a seat on the ground with him. His expression told you he hadn't expected you to find him at all, but he really should've known a lot better than that.

"Care to explain to me why you took it upon yourself to try and fuck up my date with Cedric?" you asked.

You had no interest in small talk at this point. You were too angry.

Draco blanched, which was sort of amusing to witness, considering how pale he already was.

"And don't lie to me. Cedric told me you talked to him."

"I just, I—" he stuttered, trying to find his bearings. You crossed your arms, leaning back and awaiting his answer.

"I just don't think he's good for you," he finally blurted out.

You laughed, a scornful, unhappy laugh. "Oh, like you know who my ideal boyfriend is?" you snapped. "You probably think you're so much better for me than someone who's never been mean to me?
Someone who respects me and treats me with kindness?"

Draco's eyes searched yours, and you watched as he absolutely wilted under your harsh glare.

"You don't know him, y/n," he muttered, his eyes growing dark as he looked away from you.

"Do you think you do?" you snapped. "You don't even speak to anyone unless they're both Slytherin and pureblood, Malfoy. Don't try to pull this shit with me."

He huffed. "Why did you go to all the effort of coming out here to find me, then?" he asked, a scowl etched deep into his face. "Just to fucking yell at me?"

"I haven't raised my voice, Malfoy," you said darkly. "I have a right to be angry. You tried to ruin my date with Cedric, and you won't even give me a real reason why."