Chapter 12: Distracted

You wake up the morning after sleeping in Draco's bed, you missed your first class...

~~~

The sun was directly in your eyes as you woke up the next morning, peeling your eyes open to greet the day.

You yawned as you rolled over, out of the embrace of the person next to you.

Wait.

You shot up in bed, looking over to see Draco Malfoy sprawled out next to you, his chest rising and falling as he remained in peaceful slumber.

You scrubbed at your eyes, the events of the night before replaying in your head. You'd told him about Theodore, and then you'd fallen asleep next to him in bed. When you were supposed to go on a date with Cedric Diggory in two days.

Cedric.

You'd promised him up and down that you and Draco weren't involved, and now you were sleeping in his bed with him?

You panicked, trying to silently rush around to get your things together and get out of the boy's room. You didn't even bother to fix your hair as you flew out of Draco's dorm.

You were grateful that Juniper wasn't in the room when you got there, but you knew you would still have to answer for your absence at some point. Glancing at the clock, you realized with a jolt that you were extremely late for your first class. In fact, it would be better by this point if you just skipped it and went to your second class, Defense Against the Dark Arts.

You sighed heavily, getting in the shower to attempt to wash Draco and his scent off your body. You took your time with your hair, hoping with everything in you that it wouldn't still be frizzy after you blow-dried it.

Luckily for you, it wasn't, and you began to get your books together to go to your second class. You pulled open your wardrobe to get your robe out—and realized it wasn't there.

Your heart skipped a beat when you realized you'd left it in Draco's room. How could you get it without having to interact with Draco again? You couldn't face him right now. You didn't want to even think about it.

But you were thinking about it, and the thought made your face heat up. You didn't even want to admit it to yourself, but you'd gotten the best sleep you'd had in months lying in Draco's arms.

You ran your hands through your hair, deciding to go and get it during the lunch hour, deciding that would be the most likely time Draco would be gone from his room. Your stomach dropped as you remembered Quidditch practice, but you knew Draco wouldn't call you out for leaving his room in front of the whole team. That would require admitting you'd been in his room the night before. And you knew he wasn't about to do that to himself.

But you didn't know if you could look at him. You hadn't intended to sleep in his room.

You sighed, grabbing your bag before heading to class, hoping you wouldn't get in too much trouble for forgetting your robe.

But of course, that was the first thing Professor Lupin mentioned.

"And your robes, miss y/n? Where would they happen to be?"

"I'm sorry, Professor. I overslept and missed my first class, and I completely forgot to even put my robes on, I was in such a rush."

He looked at you disapprovingly but didn't press the issue. "I won't take House Points from you since this is your first offense, but don't make it a habit, Miss Everglade."

"Yes, sir."

After that class, which consisted mainly of learning about Dementors, it was lunch hour. You caught a glimpse of white-blond hair headed towards the Great Hall, and you took that as your opportunity to run back and get your robes.