Chapter 22: Doing his best

Christmas break ends, the population of Hogwarts is back.

~~~

The next couple of weeks flew by. Even though you weren't doing hardly anything. You received a few owls from your parents, and you sent a few home in return, but there had been nothing occupying your time besides Draco. Most of your time together had been spent in bed, sleeping, getting lost in each other, or simply lying around and talking. Even though most of that lying around and talking occurred while you were naked, tangled up in each other's bodies in between rounds.

All too quickly, however, the holiday season passed by, and the day came for the students who hadn't stuck around to return to Hogwarts to prepare for the spring term to begin. You didn't want to say goodbye to sharing a bed with Draco every night, but you did still look forward to seeing Juniper and Silver again.

You had already sent Draco back to his own room just moments before, knowing Juniper was due any minute. You heard her before you saw her, and your suspicions were correct when she bounded through the door less than ten minutes after Draco had departed. Her hair was bright red now, which you knew would only piss the professors off more. But as usual, Juniper's hair color would be the least of either of your worries.

"Y/N, I missed you!" she cried, dropping all of her belongings on her bed as she flew forward to hug you tightly.

You chuckled as you hugged her back, drinking in all the Juniper warmth you'd missed out on the past few weeks. "I missed you more," you said.

"How was your Christmas? And what happened after Draco came back?" she asked, her eyes hinting she knew more than she let on. "Snape was so insistent that he get off the train. Why did he have to stay?"

You shrugged. "I don't know. I didn't speak to him a whole lot," you lied. "I pretty much only saw him in passing."

Juniper looked back at you, showing her clear disbelief of your statement. She didn't say anything about it, though, and for that you were grateful. You resolved to tell her later, only after you would make her swear that she wouldn't tell another soul.

You sighed as Juniper turned to unpack her things, waving her wand around and making her belongings put themselves back. She hummed as she did so, opening the wardrobe and hanging her school robes back up.

"I'm not looking forward to going back to Potions," she groaned, running a hand through her hair. She sighed, looking around at the rest of her things that were still on her bed. You chuckled at her state, sitting down on her bed. "It's not going to be that bad," you said.

"Says the girl who's worked through every potion we'll ever take on," Juniper said back. "If you don't get an E on your OWLs in Potions I will actually throw you off the Astronomy Tower."

You playfully rolled your eyes. You'd been studying for OWLs since first year. You constantly quizzed yourself on everything you could possibly come across, and you knew the Advanced Potions book Draco had given you for Christmas would end up coming in very handy for the both of you.

"I'm going to go say hi to Silver and stuff and get dinner with him and Marin, are you gonna come along?" you asked.

She nodded. "I'll catch up with you guys in the Great Hall, I'm gonna finish putting my shit up," she said, pulling a chest open and grabbing a few of the things out of it.

You nodded, turning around to leave the room.

You exited the Common Room without even looking back, bumping hard into someone coming your way.

You backed up, rubbing your nose and going to apologize—when you came face-to-face with Cedric.

"Hi, y/n," he said simply. "I didn't mean to run into you."