First Day At School

Eastwood high is one of many biggest high schools that accepts males and females with all the sub genders, as a school that believes in equality.

Layle and Keith were enrolled into that school years ago, and now Kath joined them in their last year.

Layle really loved his school, the diversity, the teachers who weren't all betas unlike other schools, the students who came from different social standards, and the fact that the majority of his friends, he met them in this school, except for the food chain that the alphas built and took the throne of. Everything was into his likings.

Layle went to school early that morning, he didn't want to bump into Keith on his way.

At school they were in the same class but Layle tried to avoid Keith as possible as he can, he didn't look into Keith's direction the whole time, didn't even notice Keith's gazes that were directed at him from time to time.

Even though he did want to talk to Keith but every time he remembers Keith's words he changed his mind.

When classes ended, Layle waited until the class was almost empty, packed his bag and was about to leave until his friend Zain called for him, "come with me, we have a gathering at the rooftop you're missing," he ordered Layle.

Zain grew taller than him in these past weeks, well as an alpha that was normal. His hair got longer too so he tied it in a little bun. It wouldn't make a big change on his appearance if it wasn't for him bleaching his hair. The rest of his face didn't hold any sharp features, maybe that's why he tries so hard on his appearance.

Zain dragged Layle to the rooftop that was the quietest place for them to be in, since the whole school was crowded.

The whole group was there including Keith. The group had three alpha males with Layle and Zain being part of it and their friend Josh being the third, two beta males including Keith and his friend Joey one alpha female who they always call Caro instead of her real name and one beta female who is May.

When Layle saw Keith and May sitting next to each other his heart crumbled, they broke up but he still hates seeing them together. He sat next to Keith too as an act of jealousy and greeted May with a nod. She replied with a smile.

"So you're telling me that you broke up?" Joey laughed, that beta really had an annoying attitude.

"Who broke up with who? What? Don't tell me you're talking about May and Keith!" Caro who sat next to May shouted.

"Yeah, but we're still friends." May responded with the same smile that didn't vanish from her face.

"Hey." Keith looked at Layle with a soft smile on his face, "I'm sorry for what I said last time." He wispered so no one other than Layle could hear.

Layle at that point had different kind of emotions playing with his heart, 'he's talking to me instead of responding to what they're saying about him and May' is all what Layle could think of.

Keith was still looking at him waiting for his response and when Layle opened his mouth to say a single word. The rooftop door slammed, Kath barged in with a frown on her face, she noticed May and clicked her tongue, walked towards Keith and sat between him and May hugging her brother's arm with hers.

Everyone looked at her with a surprised faces and she noticed the stares and got nervous all of a sudden, she looked at the ground and tried to say something to shift their attention since Keith didn't help her in her situation.

"Today an omega went through heat in my class."

"Really? I didn't hear anything about that." Joey was surprised even though it always happens.