The Alpha And The Drunk

Holding Keith by his arms. Both Layle and Prince Alex lead the way outside the bar.

It was cold and dark, making it easy for a drunk to slip on the steps covered with thin ice.

Keith felt sick again. He felt cold and dizzy. Even his vision was not at its best. Everything became foggy infront and behind his eyes. So his judgment was questionable at that time. Still, he chose to break free from the boys grip and sit on ground.

"Cold."

His muttered under his breath. He was shaking and hugged himself after he laid on the ground. Everything was spinning making him feel more sick, more dizzy and somehow he felt heat escaping through his face. But it was freezing and the sweater he had on was not enough. The ground sucked all the warmth he had.

It was hard to look at him. Both boys watched helplessly knowing the feeling of being drunk and not knowing what to do to make it feels better. But Keith became barley conscious making them alarmed.

"When I got my coat I tried to look for his. But he is a beta. I can't find his coat without the trace of pheromones he doesn't have."

Alex said with a calm voice, he looked at the pathetic beta with pity in his eyes. An alpha like him was not bothered by cold even with only a coat attached to his skin. He thought that a grown man like Keith would be able to stand it with the clothes he had.

But a beta is indeed weaker. The queen didn't lie.

He helped him sit on a step and rest his back on the bar's wall. Somehow Keith's condition seemed to get worse, he turned non-verbal and didn't react to their tries. The cold didn't help refresh him as Alex hoped.

"How many friends he came with, I can smell three. To think none of them missed him."

Keith had many alpha pheromones sticking to his clothes.

It wasn't a strange sight anymore. Time changes and college boys become radical with their ideas of alpha supremacy. They are no longer kids and there is no authority to order them to respect people's private space, not to hurt noses and messes with minds by emitting pheromones like animals in mating season.

"Filthy alphas."

Alex said out loud, thinking that Keith might felt ill by the amount of pheromones he inhaled while his body was already vulnerable from alcohol.

He turned to Layle who was silent the whole time. His face was unreadable still having the stoic expression he always has. But his pheromones exposed him to the max.

It bothered Alex when they were still in the restroom. And even in an open place like this yard Alex was still bothered by his friends pheromones.

Layle was extremely anxious. Easy for Alex to find out.

"Calm yourself down, Layle."

He acted like a good friend not asking Layle what's wrong with him. But his curiosity was hard to hide after witnessing Layle's vulnerable side.

"I'm going to find his friends. Stay with him and try to relief your gland from work."

Layle merely looked at him before his eyes were pinned at Keith again. Unable to control his gland, not yet.

Alex left him alone with Keith. He stayed standing three meters away from him. His pheromones surrounding him like a protecting spirit from what Keith is capable of doing in his ill state.

He was looking at barely conscious man. Breathing heavly and shivering. Keith was looking aimlessly at his surroundings. His eyes only met Layle's once and then moved to the ground.