A Dominate Alpha

Time passed by, December came with the coldest winter. Students began studying for the mid, no more slacking, especially for the alpha/male beta classes. A year that determines their future, but for Layle his future is known, he already knows where to go after graduation, what to come, and now his future is determined to be with Keith as he always wished.

In class Layle sat on his chair, admiring Keith from afar, remembering all sweet times they shared together, all the bad times too, how they managed to be lovers and how they managed to hide it from everyone, smiling to himself, watching Keith reading a book and turning the pages.

Joey reached to Keith with a book in his hand, a yellow cover and a one word title, "BETAS". Layle knows this book, a novel about a world where only betas live in, a book that alphas like Layle afraid of, a world where he doesn't exist to be with Keith.

"Good book isn't it?" Keith asked Joey.

"It is, it is. Now I wish I could live in such world."

Layle approached them and snatched the book from Keith's hand.

"If it's that good, why the negative feedback and bad reviews on it? I heard it will be withdrawn from libraries. Who writes such shit?" Layle said that even though he himself believes that the book is good, he read it in secret after all.

"Unknown writer, goes by the name James J. This book is art, don't you wish you live in such world Keith? It's like Thailand, don't you won't to go there? Where the majority are betas?" Joey talked like there is fire of  excitement burning in his heart.

Layle looked at Keith waiting for an answer, he was afraid, he looked at him with wondering eyes, 'you don't need that book anymore, you don't need this idea, you got me now.'

Keith didn't answer, instead he took the book from Layle and stood up.

"You want to go and see the baby today?" He asked Layle. The baby is Matt and Lily's son, she gave birth to him month ago and Layle agreed on going.

On lunch time, Keith and Layle were in the cafeteria, eating. Keith kept his eyes focused on his sister Kath, she was sitting next to a girl and a boy standing next to them talking to her friend and trying to talk to her, she had that gloomy expression on her face, like someone died.

"Kath still not good with boys isn't she?" Layle draw his attention away from his sister.

"No, it's just she doesn't look normal. She doesn't act like that around boys, I mean beta boys, but there is something wrong with that boy."

As soon as he finished what he was saying a scream came from Kath direction, she screamed. The boy was on the ground and students formed a circle around them, the boy picked himself up cursing and a dash of nasty pheromones filled the space around him, effecting Kath the most, which made her lose her control, and cried hysterically.

Camera flashs, phones recording, and students cheering, the boy who is an alpha used his nasty pheromones to hurt her. "She pushed, she pushed him," one guy shouted, another encouraged the boy to push her back.

Keith ran between the boy and his sister, he wanted to clear whatever misunderstanding, but there was no time for that, so he tried to stop the boy from releasing more amounts of pheromones. The alpha boy, even though smaller in build but still stronger, pushed Keith to the ground, and cheerings got louder.

"That's Keith! He is a last year student!"

"Who cares? He is still a weak beta."

Only few seconds they had to witness the fuss, until a sudden wave of fear silenced all of them, all the alphas, betas and omegas in the cafeteria became unmoving, like rocks.

A person in this world mostly gets familiar with any and every kind of pheromones, pleasant ones nasty ones, the attacking type and chanting type, but never these students have encountered such a thing. Their senses not working, being ordered to not move not do anything, just obey whoever these pheromones belongs to.

Only Layle walked freely among them, eyes only following his moves, making his way to Keith, giving him a hand to get up. Layle's heart felt like it exploded, the heat felt like it was escaping through his eyes, pain crushed his bones, but all he knows that he is angry, that he is ready to kill anyone trying to hurt Keith again.

"If you touch him you are dead."

Another AN

James J the writer of BETAS is a character named Sam in my other book "Stright Men Don't Date Alphas"