Fork and Knife

Keith used his brother's pheromones deodorant he found in bathroom. It was an efficient one, most expensive. And if he knew that it would cost him a three months allowance he wouldn't have used all of it.

But he was desperate to get Layle's harmful pheromones out of him and even used his brother's perfume to hide any sign of a fight.

He didn't like that smell of the perfume on him. He got used to it to only be his brother's scent.

When he got out of the bathroom they were already sitting around the dining table. The maids placing food for them and they started eating without him.

The only empty chair was next to Layle and he had to take it. Everyone got used to him sitting next to Layle and didn't think twice about it.

Only him was bothered by that. Sitting next to a beast, a dangerous beast. A true alpha is more threatening than a polar bear.

He sat unwillingly still shaking a bit. To his left sat his mother, who poked him to start eating. He held the knife and fork slowly and they were trembling in his hands.

The chatters and laughters echoed around the place. The sound of forks hitting the dishes ringed in his ears, and the smell of mushroom soup, well done steaks and their sauces invaded his nostrils. But Keith felt like he was not there, he was not anywhere.

His eyes half opened staring into abyss. His whole face didn't work a muscle. His back relaxed on the chair and neck throwing the weight of his head to front. He was static like a statue. Only his hands trembling lightly, his fingers barley lasped around the fork and knife.

As if he transferred to another world not recognizing his surroundings. Maybe one or two noticed him unbothered. Layle did. After all he was silent too and paid more attention to his surroundings.

In keith's mind popped a sudden question he never thought of before.

'What does Layle's pheromones actually smell like?' He would never know.

"Keith?"

"Keith.."

"Keith!"

"Huh?"

He looked around panicking. "What?"

"Grandpa asking about Thailand." Said Lily softly.

"Oh! Thailand!" Keith said looking at the minister whose face filled with curiosity.

"Well, it's warm there. The nature is so beautiful. The food is good too. Ah.. the language is beautiful too! It's really an elegant language."

They all looked at him waiting for him to continue but he had nothing else to say.

"I didn't mean that, boy. I'm asking about the people. What do they think about us? About you?"

Keith looked at the food thinking about an answer. Alphas would not be satisfied unless they hear what they want to hear.

"They think we are savages. All of us. That we think of pheromones more than order. That we live by the law of jungle driven by animals instincts. Unlike them who their alphas and omegas don't have special treating."

Mr. Prince scoffed. His wife let a gasp of shock.

"They think about us beta as impure. That we are just like alphas and omegas. That it's engraved in our genes to respect pheromones more than law."

He didn't lie to please them. It was the truth. Keith, a beta, was seen as someone less than a beta there. It's either he's a mere beta in alphas' world or not a true beta in betas' world.