Back To School

Two days passed and Layle's rut ended, it actually ended two days after it started with the help of drugs, but Layle wanted to take the full days off from school.

Schools mostly give five days off for alphas when they go through rut, encouraging them to go through it naturally without inhabitors so they won't hurt their bodies so he took the advantage.

He also refused Mary's invitations over meals, after what she witnessed in the last time he had dinner with her son Keith, she decided not to persuade him.

This morning he woke up by the sound of the alarm, this is the day he go back to school.

He started fresh, taking a shower, wearing a clean uniform, putting his most expensive perfume on to hide what's left from the strong rut pheromones.

He even cleaned the kitchen after making his breakfast, he had a good vibe, a good feeling, that everything is going to be fine, as long as he is fine, no more thinking about what happened, no more thinking about Keith.

But still, he went to school late and on purpose. No need to accidentally bomb onto Keith first in the morning. Waited for Keith to go first and then he left.

"Our alpha monster, going through rut for whole five days!!"

That's how Zain greeted him when he entered class. He got all the attention swept to him, students welcoming him back, other congratulating him for passing the hard time, he was embarrassed, to the point were his cheeks fleshed red, but this is normal, all of them are either alphas or betas, 'no need to be embarrassed' he told himself.

He didn't look at Keith, neither Keith talked to him.

Two classes ended, and three other are on the go. Layle got extremely tired, still not used to school early in the morning.

At the bathroom, he sat on the toilet chair for ten minutes, the inhibitors gave him a hell in the form of constipation, he was about to give up, and pull his pants and leave, until he heard Joey's voice, talking to someone.

"You smell different, I just noticed."

"How?" Keith's voice answered.

"I noticed when Layle came back to school today, you used to smell like him, and now you smell different, like a cheap colonge, Zain thinks the same."

"I never noticed."

"Stop sniffing your clothes like a dog, don't you get it? I meant the scent of pheromones, it's supposed to last longer on your skin not clothes, besides it's no longer there."

"Well who cares?! How about you act like a proper beta, leave the alpha drama to Zain."

Keith sounded harsh to Layle's ears, but he said what is actually right. No one cares.

No one cares except for Layle, he cared too much. The pheromones were his way of showing love even to a beta, especially to a beta who barley feels it.

With pheromones. It makes it less hurtful... that one sided love.

Once he feels his pheromones on Keith his body eases and his mind telling him that Keith is his, that Keith accepts him.

They left the bathroom, and Layle waited a bit longer before he left too.

For Keith he liked Layle's scent, in a friendly way, a family way of loving. It was calming, even though he didn't sense that much, but that maybe because he was used to it, or even because it stuck with him all the time, the only time he could'nt recognize Layle's pheromones was when he smelled it on his mom, it was so thick and suffocating instead of being alluring, well since he wasn't an omega, he couldn't be allured.

When Keith noticed that he can't smell it anymore he started to miss it, but there is nothing that he can do, 'it's better than way,' is what he believed.

———

Two days went by and Layle only spoke to Keith at school, only when his friends are around, even though everyone noticed that they might had a fight, but this way was easier, to not make them question to why they fell out.

If someone asked Layle what happened he would just say "what do you mean? Nothing happened," and Keith would just say the the same, that way their friends stopped asking, they did not even care anymore and also this way Layle could talk with Keith while looking him in the eye, without the other looking away.

More couple of days passed, Layle's parents came back and also Keith's dad and Layle won't be able to know what happens to Keith outside school, Keith's mother used to chat about him when she comes to Layle carrying meals for him, now there is no need for that.

At this point he regretted blocking Keith's accounts on social media, he desperately wanted to know anything about Keith these days, he didn't even know why he was so calm after the fight with him, maybe he really thought that he can get over it easily, but it was the opposite.