Alpha and Beta

It was misery, what Layle felt, at the moment he heard his father's screams and mother's crying. He was used to his family being distant from him, and that hurt him, but he at least was used to that, now he faces a new kind of problem with his family, that hurts him even more.

His parents were mad for what happened to their beta daughter, not that she is only beta in an alpha home, but now her husband marked an omega,

In short, Matt passed by an omega on heat when he was walking down a street, they said her pheromones were too dense he ended up losing control and biting her, and the problem he made was much complicated to deal with.

"She is going to get a divorce." His dad demanded, pacing the living room, mumbling words and the anger is showing in his pheromones.

"They have a kid, he can't leave her like that!" His mother answered, trying to calm him down with her own scent.

Layle couldn't get himself to be part of the conversation, he was thinking of his sister, being left alone in her house with her new born child, but still couldn't let himself go there and face her.

That night he slept with the help of sleeping pills.

Next day at school, Keith didn't show up, and no matter how many times Layle called him, Keith never picked up, the worst part was Keith's family being present, they came to his house to solve the problem their son made, but Keith didn't show up with them, like he just vanished.

Friday came the day after, and the party was held on Layle's honor, his friends showed up, but not Keith, even Keith's parents and his brother Matt came, and with no surprise, the problem that Matt caused stayed unsolved, but unknown to people, like nothing happened.

He was deeply saddened for Keith's absence at the party.

He started to feel restless, for not seeing Keith for a couple of days, and then his family puzzled him, they were happy for him and acted like they totally forgot about his sister's matter, even though they were plotting for a solution.

So he took it upon himself to finally go to her place and talk to her.

When he got to her house using a spare key, he first met a maid that was just about to leave.

"Your sister is in her room." She told him.

He went to her room knocking the door.

"Lily? Can I come in?"

"Yes."

A small voice told him before he entered and saw the mess his sister was in.

She was sitting on the bed. Having her baby in her arms, trying to put him to sleep.

She was more likely to fall asleep before him. Her eyes were red either from lack of sleep or crying or both, but when she told her brother to "come and sit," next to her on the bed, her voice made it sure for Layle that she was crying for a long time.

"I'm sorry I didn't show up earlier."

"It's alright, I didn't come to your party either."

'Fuck the party' he thought, his sister was so nice to think like that, but he couldn't suppress the guilt he felt.

She was broken, seeing her like this made his heart ache. A tear formed on the corner of his eye, not knowing if he cries it'll be for her, or his selfish side crying for what's happening to him and Keith.

"I feel like shit." Her voice cracked. He looked at her to see her crying.

"Since the day I was born till this very moment, and I'm going through only pain just because I'm a beta in a fucking alpha household. I got used to people looking down on me as if I'm a fly, a fucking beta doughter to ..."

She didn't finish her sentence, but Layle knew what she meant.

"As a teenage I finally understood that being not only a beta but a girl means that I am in the bottom of this food chain, beta girls are more miserable than omega males. Alpha girls are cool, omega girls are cute and then me a fucking beta, What's even the use of being a beta who you can't smell phormones on and can't go into heat, if I'm going to be chained just cause I'm a girl. I lived as a prisoner. I tried to do my best to make people look at me as me, but their look never changed, I'm still the beta from an alpha family, I felt as if my family cared about you more than me."

'They do. He was sure.

"At some point I thought that they hated me."

He nodded.

"And then Matt made it look as if all my worries are small, I really believed that he loved me, people saw us as a perfect pair, I thought that I'll make my parents proud, that they won't tilt their heads when someone mentions me. I was absolutely happy when I got pregnant, I prayed everyday that the baby is a boy, I didn't want to see my child suffering cause of fucked up society. Everything was perfect, my husband, my child, but then I get a call that my husband claimed an omega!"

"He didn't claim her."

"He marked her ass."

She screamed, and the baby in her arms cried.

"He didn't even look into my eyes after that! I saw him few times to try and sort things out, but he refused to look into my eyes, or even carry our baby even though I tried my hardest to calm myself and be wise."

"Everything well be sorted out." He tried to assure her.

"How? what will he do, break the bond and harm himself and her? We bailed him out of jail with touns of money, for attacking her and that omega was hurt and got her life ruined, we don't know if her family is going to take it to court or be pleased with money, I even heard my family saying that her family wants them to get married."

"That can't be sis-"

"That is real life god damned it." she shouted. "Grow a brain in your head and think, who make bonds in these days? That dangerous shit only married people with kids do."

Her words spoke undeniable truth, he couldn't tell her anything that can make her feel better, she knows better, she knows that her life is ruined, because she is a beta married to an alpha.

A beta and an alpha are not meant to be together, no matter how much people talk against that, no matter how many times Layle tries to convince himself that they can.