Transforming is impossible, right?

School hours ended and Layle didn't show up, neither answered his phone, if he was asleep, he would definitely wake up at such hour, but it seems not this time.

Keith went to his sister's class, well this time he'll go home with her since Layle isn't around. He stood at the door of her class and asked an omega who passed by to call for her, he didn't really want to go in since it's May's class as well, but to his surprise the omega he just asked cussed at him and walked away, leaving him speechless for few moments.

"Looking for someone?"

A voice behind him called for him and when he turned his head, it was May.

"That omega hates boys who aren't omegas, don't mind him," she continued, but Keith was just looking at her and didn't say a word, if only Kath answered her phone when he called, he wouldn't have to go through what he's going through right now.

"How are you doing these days?" She lowered her head and asked, turned her gaze to the class and tried to act as if Keith staring at her isn't making her feel nervous.

"You're here for Kath?".

At that moment Keith couldn't do anything but look at her, maybe he truly fell for her, cause what he felt at that moment was only pain.

She waved her hand in front of his face and he smiled at that.

"Can you please ask Kath to go out of the class, I feel like these girls inside don't want me to come in."

"Sure." She smiled back.

But Keith couldn't just stand there and wait for Kath, he was so overwhelmed suddenly and needed to breathe fresh air. He went outside the school building to a blind spot to smoke a cigarette.

While he was lost in his thoughts, his phone rang, it was Layle but Keith didn't feel like answering, since Layle called that means he is okay, and Mary will visit him anyway.

He just wanted to be alone, He acted normally after his breakup but deep down he was really hurt. Seeing May everyday since school started means he will take a longer path to be over their relationship.

He decided not to go home, he sent a text to Kath to tell her that he is leaving first and then he left school.

Layle and Keith met May back in middle school, she was a very outgoing person with a charming personality, she got close to Layle faster than anyone could, at some point Keith thought that there was something between them. But over the years he started to like her, until one day he decided to confess.

They were always at the same page, they were friends more than lovers and that mainly what made it hard for Keith to let go, always hanging out together with their friends, even though Layle mostly made excuses not to show up whenever May was there with them, but Keith never cared.

At some point he only cared about May, even dreamed about a future with her until she shattered it. At the end she only cared about herself.

Keith sat nearby a supermarket, a hot coffee cup in his left hand and a cigarette in his right. Headphones in his ears listening to music and when someone he knew comes by and say hi, he'd just wave his hand or nod and then turn his head so they won't come over and talk.

When he was about to light another cigarette his mother called, hesitated to answer his phone, but he knew if he didn't, he'd be in bigger problem.

"Hey mom."

[Where are you?]

"On my way home."

[Go to the drug store and bring the same inhibitors Matt uses, hurry up!]

"For Matt?"

He managed to say the time she hanged up.

He thought that Matt got his rut suddenly so he didn't think much of it, so when he arrived to his house he went directly to Matt's old room but there was no one there.

The sound if the front door opening made him go down stairs, it was his mother and before he can say anything to her she took off to the bathroom, and that's when he followed her and saw her going sick.

That wasn't the only confusing thing, but the fact that he smelled pheromones on her, he is sure his mom is a beta, but why was she so sick and asking for inhibitors and the smell of pheromones she left at the places she passed by, they smelled familiar, but was she transforming, as if that's possible.

"Mom are you growing a dick all of a sudden?"

"No Keith, of course not.. Poor Layle had his rut all of a sudden and it's chaos."

She said while wiping her mouth with toilet papers.

He knew Layle's rut messes him up, it's irregular and when it comes it comes hard, but to the point to make his beta mother goes sick from his pheromones means that it's really big of a deal this time.

"Why don't we just take him to the hospital?"

"No need, his doctor arrived when I got out of the house."

She said slamming the door on his face.

"I wanna take a piss in peace so you can leave."

That means the inhibitor he bought with his own money were useless, he didn't know if he's upset for his friend or for the money he wasted for nothing.

He went to his room and planned to go to Layle few hours from now so the pheromones are weaker by then, for now he settled with just a message to Layle telling him that he's worried about him.

Half an hour later he fell asleep.