A Kiss

At dinner Layle kept his silence while eating, his mother and father were talking about some kind of visit to the royal palace, he hated the royal palace, too many rules, too many people he should show respect to even if they were younger than him, many troubles could follow him if he made the slightest mistake there.

"You are coming with me Layle." His father demanded.

"I don't have time, dad." He simply answered.

"Why dear? It should be a priority! I'm sure prince Alex would be happy to see you again, you don't want to meet your friend again?" His mother tried to soften the situation for him.

"He is not my friend, mom. He is a prince, and he acts happy around me cause I make him feel like the teenager he is."

"Isn't it better to have friends like him, instead of Keith and his beta gang."

Not a single different word was used to form the usual phrase his father uses daily.

Keith doesn't have a beta gang, his friends are Layle's friends, most of them are alphas at that, his father knew that, so there was no point of bringing that up, just let the respectful dad have the last word. So he did and went back to his room.

He went to the balcony so he could smoke, he didn't practically like smoking, but at sometimes he felt the need to smoke, maybe his body got too familiar with nicotine and honestly it reminded him of Keith's scent mixed with his.

He sat on a chair in the balcony that faced the street. He would take a breath and lower his hand that held the cigarette so no one in the street who knew him would see and tells on him to his father, he was afraid of his dad, but sometimes he just wants to take a break.

He opened his phone and unblocked Keith, then proceeded to go through his Instagram account, what's new he was after.

Down the street a couple of students wearing his school uniform caught his attention, when they got closer he could just know by the way they walk, Keith and Joey.

They stood next to Keith's house and kept chattering, Layle couldn't really hear but he was invested, at some point his eyes met with Keith, but he acted cool and kept on glancing, that didn't seem to bother Keith, whom was laughing out loud, maybe on purpose to annoy Layle, and Layle found no point on sitting alone in the balcony after finishing his cigarette so he left.

When it was almost midnight he was still awake, going through instragram, liking posts randomly, there was this post of the prince making an official visit to some orphanage, his heart shrank at that. Prince Alex is his age, but he already got into the adult life, having responsibilities and work.

He didn't want to have that, even though he knew at some point he has to be responsible so he wanted to enjoy what was left for him to enjoy.

But maybe he should be away from Keith and have his life together, he probably should think about his future seriously, he didn't want to end up like his sister anyway and these thoughts influenced by his father would visit him some night like an evil spirit.

Just when he was about to determine to be more serious about his life, he received a message.

From Keith to his surprise.

[Not angry anymore?]

Layle almost jumped, but Keith gave him no time, when he called him same moment the message marked as read.

Layle waited few moments before he answered, waiting for his heart to go back to its place instead of jumping outside his cage.

"Hello?"